American Jewish World Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Jewish World Service

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Jewish World Service (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief but friendly. Honestly, I hadn't expected to make it to the interview stage as I had been applying for a job a bit out of my experience level. She asked me all of the standard interview questions and I appreciated how upfront she was with me about my prospects for getting the job. I left feeling like an offer wasn't likely, but that they would be more than happy to hear from me if another spot opened up in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would be comfortable traveling outside of the country with little notice.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Jewish World Service.

Interview

met with most of the team, in 2 rounds of interviews.
    Most of the staff were friendly and interested by my experience and how I would fit in; one was hostile and negative from the beginning.
    The main problem is that I felt that they did not know what they wanted for the role, or that they wanted a profile that does not exist.
    I am not surprised to see that this position has been opened for almost 1 year now.

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Jewish World Service (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was quick and easy.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish World Service (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The full process took several months. 3 in-person interviews. I interviewed with my direct supervisor, a couple of lateral colleagues, and then my supervisor's supervisor. Each interview was separated by several weeks. The questions were as expected along with some reasonable scenarios.