Americans for Prosperity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Americans for Prosperity

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR manager for 30 mins. Most of questions are about behavior questions. Second round is with manager, still 30 mins. Manager asked me some professional questions, and my skills.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Americans for Prosperity (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had gone into interview for a manager role at this organization knowing full well how conservative they were. But I was still completely caught off guard at how blatant they were about it. The position I applied for would not have been directly related to their mission as it was an overhead position. But that did not stop them from asking me how conservative I was and how I would live and breath their conservative values. They then asked me several different questions about what I think about the current state of government and what programs work well and what programs don't. They also asked me what my "great american story" was since I was a female from a different country. Needless to say, this line of questioning was making me very uncomfortable. I had not expected to be asked such personal questions for a role that was unrelated to their actual mission. I actually kept thinking that this was probably discrimination and that what they were asking me must be illegal but I guess your political views are not a protected class in this country. I would never go back to this organization and would not recommend it to anyone else.

Field Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Americans for Prosperity.

Interview

Extremely lengthy and thorough interview process. First I had a half hour phone interview with someone from HR to go through my resume. Then met with the Grassroots Director in my state, this interview was over an hour and a half. Third, a phone interview with the State Director who recommended me to interview at headquarters in Washington, D.C. I was flown up to D.C. for two rounds of tag team interviews from members of the organization in D.C. Lastly, I met with the State Director one remaining time nearly 3 weeks later, and was offered a position later that day.The entire process from start to finish took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Could you explain an instance where you displayed true humility in a job position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Americans for Prosperity (Arlington, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview is with HR in Arlington, VA. Then they fly you to VA to interview with 2 groups of people -- HR, legal, social media, etc. Then a final phone interview with state director. In all, it took 4-6 week from first interview until first day of work. They do check social media background, so be prepared to explain it if there might be an issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were challenged and what did you learn.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Americans for Prosperity (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Lots of interviews with various members of the staff. Overall, friendly and not too intimidating with a relatively quick follow-up process. Most questions were about background and past experience, why I relate to the mission, career goals, ect. Fairly standard questions.

Interview Questions

• AFP uses the SOB model for interviews. Situation, Behavior, Outcome--not other SOB you're probably thinking of   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Americans for Prosperity in March 2011.

Interview

Phone screening after employee referral, plus two separate meetings with the director. Discussion of position and presentation of portfolio. On the final meeting, a job offer was presented after follow-up questions were asked regarding my vision and how my skills could help the organization's mission.

Interview Questions

• I asked them if this position in any way required me to endorse specific political candidates or speak highly of them.   1 Answer