AmericasMart Atlanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmericasMart Atlanta

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta.

Interview

I was so impressed with how efficient, fast paced, and painless the interview process with AmericasMart is. They have high standards and expect top talent, but that is why they are such a great force in this industry! The HR department for AmericasMart is truly wonderful; from the first phone call with HR to setup my initial interview, I knew I wanted to be a part of this company. They are organized, professional, efficient, but also have great personalities and honestly made the process fun!

Interview Questions

• AmericasMart uses Talent Plus interviewing which is mandatory to pass in order for employment.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very well organized interview process, with great communication from very helpful, friendly HR staff. The whole process took a few weeks, due to multiple staff interviews and the Talent Plus interview, background and drug screen.

Lease Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Discussion of my previous experience and salary: my understanding of the position I was applying for; the Company's expectations of its employees; the hierarchy of the Lease Administration department and its interaction with other departments within the company; my familiarity with various computer software, including SalesLogix, JD Edwards and Microsoft Excel; overview of the procedures used in the leasing process and specific duties assigned to the Lease Administrator position.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working with established processes?   1 Answer
    • Do you have difficulty with last minute changes to procedure?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with two segment directors. Interview went great. For the second interview, you must interview with an outside agency called TalentPlus. You must receive a certain score to move on. The questions are very vague and they will not clarify what they mean. It takes about an hour. If you do not pass, they will not consider you. I took the test, but did not pass it. The actual directors I interviewed with were fantastic. I truly feel this company is missing out on some great employees because of the TalentPlus interview. I was informed that this job has been posted since June (four months ago). Only one person has passed the TalentPlus interview. However, she did not take the job.

Interview Questions

• For in person interview, they asked me to describe some past events. For me, this interview was very easy.

For talentplus, they probably asked around 100 questions within an one hour time period. They WILL NOT clarify any question. They ask the questions very quickly. No time to think. None of these questions were related to any projects. I tried to give exact examples though.

For example:
      Do you consider yourself a loyal employee?
      What is your work style?
      Rate yourself 1 to 10 on how honest you are?
      Why?
      Tell me about a time you and a colleague disagreed.
      Tell me about a time you did not get your way.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta.

Interview

I started with a brief phone interview. Then, I had a face to face interview, shortly after that an online assessment, and the last step was another face to face interview. Easy questions about my skills, experience, interest in the position, etc. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you like or don't like the most about this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Not much to say. Long Behavior Multiple Choice Test 100 questions. Some people have in person interview. I didn't. If HR likes you they're very responsive and friendly. Generally appreciate people asking to be underpaid.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by AMC through email asking me to take a phone interview with a 3rd party company. I then took a very intimidating phone interview with a company out of Nebraska. From there I then went into my in person interview and not even 2 hours later was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Management style do you work well under?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always ask for a higher pay rate because they will start you out as low as they possibly can, so don't be afraid to ask!

Tech Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta in July 2010.

Interview

the interview seamed tobe about the situations.. , what would you do... , how to handle..., problems, people,
    how to communicate with groups, how to handle them.

Regular Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta in May 2009.

Interview

Simple questions

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AmericasMart Atlanta in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, face to face interview with hiring manager, and then panel interview