Ampush Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ampush

3.3

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from an Engineer, went through a phone screen, then did a 4 hour onsite and finally accepted the Job that did turnout right. The office and people seemed great at that time but later realized that it is not the case.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ampush (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Take home test that was given o n l i n e where you sign in and answer a few basic math questions. No background beyond high school required. Bring a basic calculator.

Interview Questions

• If an add is shown X times and clicked on Y% of the time and you charge $Z per click, what is the total cost?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied on school's career website. There was a pre-test that tested basic math skills (basically 4 dimensional analysis questions), very easy. Got a phone interview, but the interviewer didn't call when she was supposed to, and didn't get back to my emails. Eventually she got back and re-scheduled. When we finally talked, she seemed like she had better things to be doing, and was rushing things along. I didn't like the vibe she was giving, so I lost interest during the conversation.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions, and a few questions about marketing   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round of interview would by conducted by the hiring manager (presumably after the recruiting manager does the first sieve of CVs). This is then followed by a case study financial modeling and business analyst test.

The phone screen was conducted by far the most disinterested and disengaged hiring manager from my years of experience. Typically they'd at least attempt to sell a little bit about the company to potential candidates (which he/she didn't), which left me wondering if the hiring manager (whom I was eventually going to be working for) was interested in her role, the company at all. All very surprising given how competitive the valley's landscape is. It could also all be very possible they were having a bad day. Also verified that the company full time strength is halved of what it claimed on the website which was another red flag.

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ampush.

Interview

The interview began with a self-introduction of the interviewer, and then asked me whether I need work permission support, after got the answer Yes, the interview stopped. I think they should check this before the interview, and just by adding one more question with the online application system, the problem would be solved.

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

Got an interview through applying online. After which, I was prompted to take an online 15 min quiz. After then, was called for an interview. Was asked in the beginning of the interview if I would need sponsorship now or in the future, needed a visa in the future, so I could not progress

Interview Questions

• For online questions, know basic ad terms like conversion rates, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone on the Media team, followed by an in-person interview with two members of the same team. The in-person was a lot of brain teasers, although I think they were more interested in thought process than correct answers.

Final round was an additional in-person, this time with several higher up people in the company. Some of these talks went smoothly, others did not. The head of HR really balked when I asked some (what I considered to be normal) questions - what's the gender ratio, etc. There were also some lengthy delays between interviews which was a little annoying and stretched the day longer than it needed to be.

In the end, I followed up and never heard back. Big pet peeve of mine to go that far in the process and not hear "yes" or "no," but it's probably a sign of an HR team that doesn't have it together.

Interview Questions

Ampush Response

Sep 3, 2014 – People and Ops

Hello. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We believe you might be talking about an interview that took place in September 2013, and wanted to provide an update that the Head of HR you mentioned... More

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ampush.

Interview

A lot of quantifiable questions. Hiring team started the conversation by talking about themselves and their background. Sounded a bit robotic at times. A few of them were very junior in their career and it was easy to tell. Felt rushed at times but overall, everyone was really pleasant. I didn't meet anyone outside of the media team..... a surprise to me.

Interview Questions

Had another offer with a company closer to home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Emphasis on the resume, not the cover letter. Had a current employee who is a friend of mine submit my resume. A couple weeks afterward, I received an email with a link to a 15 minutes, 5 question quiz that had an expiration date of three days later. I took the quiz and did not finish typing in my answers within the time frame, so I was not given the opportunity to go on to a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The 15 min, 5 question quiz. It's a relevant and a useful tool for the Ampush recruiting team to use, but the way the quiz was set up (timer at the top requiring scrolling up intermittently to check time left, misspellings and poor grammar in the questions themselves making which verb goes with what noun confusing) seemed a bit unprofessional. It would be nice if it could be cleaned up a little more, especially the wording of the questions. The questions themselves were not too difficult, as long as you have a grasp of social media acronyms such as CPM, CPC, CPA, CR% and how they relate to each other. Note that the required formatting for the answers is picky; you have to answer with two decimal points for every number (not for %s) and add in special characters (e.g. $, %). Example questions below; these are not the actual questions from the quiz but very similar.

Example Q #1: You are running an online ad campaign in order to drive installs of a client's application (the action). Your cost-per-click (CPC) is $0.13 and 12% of the people who click the ad will install the application. How much do you spend per action (what is your CPA)?

Example Q #2: You are running an online ad campaign. Your client wants to get at least 500 people to click an ad that links to her personal website, and she is willing to pay $0.40 per click. If you fulfill the goal of getting 500 clicks, how much does the client end up spending?

Example Q #3: You are running an online ad campaign for a client who wants more people to "like" his business' Facebook page. She is willing to pay $1.10 per "like". 40% of the people who click on his ad will "like" her Facebook page (this is the CR%). Your goal is to make a 20% profit margin. What is the maximum amount you can pay Facebook per click and still get that 20% profit margin (assuming profit = rev - cost).   6 Answers

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ampush.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviews (3 interviews total). The first interview asked me what I thought about Facebook marketing and why I was interested in it, what my favorite tech company was, etc. and ended with a brainteaser. The next 2 interviews were very analytical and problem-solving in nature and ended with similar questions to what was on the quiz

Interview Questions

• You are in a silent auction and bidding for a new car with an infinite number of participants. The winner of the auction is not the person that bets the highest number, but the person that correctly guesses half of the average bid (i.e. if the average bid amongst all the participants was $50, the winner is the person that bids $25). The maximum amount you can bid is $100. All of the participants are given the same information as you are and will make rational decisions, just like you will. What is the winning bid for the car?   4 Answers