Ampush Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ampush Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Here is the interview process as I experienced it:
    1. Applied
    2. Received Email to complete a short quiz
    - The quiz has a 15 minute time limit with 5 questions. You have to complete it within 3 days of receiving the email.
    - Content of the quiz was marketing math. The other reviews here cover everything you need.
    - Don't stress if you don't get an email to take the quiz immediately after submitting the quiz. For me, there was a 1 month delay (which was annoying).
    3. Invited for a video conference call with a media analyst (1-2 days later)
    - Tech Formal (aka not too formal but put together)
    - Basic interview questions, Analytical question (very similar to quiz), Case Questions (another reviewer on here has an excellent breakdown of the case. Also look at their website for cases)
    4. Invited to On-Site interview (1-2 days later)
    - Not much to say here. Except that the quantitative section (no calculator) of the interview is long and very important to doing well. You can do well on the behavioral but mess up the quant and...
    5. Next Steps - Presentation (1 week to make it and then return on-site to present)
    6. Call/Meeting with Founders.
    7. Offer..??
    Overall a very long process

Interview Questions

• What kind of company culture are you looking for?
      Why Ampush/Why X position/Thoughs on AdTech Industry etc?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me first. After looking at their website and news about the company, I thought it was an interesting company and figured I'd talk with them. The interview with the recruiter was a bit stressful, which I found a bit unusual. After asking the usual "why are you interested in Ampush", later in the conversation, I was asked again, "no really, why are you interested". I didn't think I gave any indication that I wasn't interested. Also, I was asked several questions at once and wasn't given much of a chance to answer all the questions. Near the end of the conversation, the recruiter seemed to indicate that they were looking for someone with experience in the AdTech space (which I didn't have) and implied that maybe if I was smart enough, they'd consider me. I was a bit put off by that comment.

I made it to the next round of interviewing (video call), which I thought was pretty normal.

When they turned me down, they said they were looking for someone with AdTech experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ampush (New York, NY).

Interview

Very time-consuming, and many steps. First was an online screening test, then a half hour phone interview, then a skype interview with two different people lasting well over an hour, then an in-office interview with three different people lasting about 3 hours. The interviews were pretty intense, and had some math/analytics problems intermingled with the usual interview questions After all this, I was invited to meet with the VP and was expecting an offer, as I had received very positive feedback from my other interviews and figured they wouldn't spend so much time interviewing a candidate they were not interested in. Met with him for about an hour, and later received a rejection letter stating I would not be suited for this position given that I was a part-time grad student taking evening courses twice a week (I had a full-time job at the time, so school had not interfered with my ability to work full time). Apparently they expect 55-60+ hours a week, so having an after-hours commitment is a dealbreaker. However, all of my previous interviewers had known I was in school, so I wish they would have relayed this information up rather than waste both of our time (not to mention my PTO) on this exceedingly long process.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to study calculations for digital marketing metrics (cpm, cpa, etc)   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ampush.

Interview

The interview process includes a quiz, a phone interview, 2 Skype interviews with a multitude of analytical, personal, and case study questions. In the final round they have you prepare a 15 minute presentation in which you pitch a campaign strategy for a new app release to a team of employees.

In the end I waited a week to hear that I was turned down because I "didn't show enough enthusiasm for the ad-tech industry". Wish they could have determined that in the first round of interviews and saved me the trouble...

Interview Questions

• Create a 10-15 minute presentation over the campaign strategy and budget allocation for the new Clash of Beaches game release.   Answer Question

Office Culture Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ampush (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was sort of rushed and disorganized. I felt like I didn't have the time to properly talk through my resume, experience, and goals. The interview process was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would decorate a conference room in the office.   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ampush in March 2016.

Interview

First round is a basic math quiz online. I prepared for it by brushing up on marketing metrics and quick calculations. Second round interview was on the phone. Lasted about 30-40 minutes. Started with behavioral questions. Then went into a short case question on one of their clients. They used Uber as an example and asked if I were to launch an ads campaign that targeted driver acquisition, what would I do and how much revenue Ampush would make from it. I also had to tie in metrics from the quiz I previously took in order to calculate cost and revenue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ampush (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Online timed math test - 15 minutes, 5 questions. Then a behavioral phone interview - asked a lot about the industry as well as my experiences in marketing and advertising. Last round was an in person/skype case interview - moving backwards from a desired CPI to what you should bid.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in digital advertising and adtech?   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ampush.

Interview

The first interview is very basic questions and seems more of a basic screening process for the next interview. After that you get a second interview with a small case study and some quantitative questions (different marketing math and conversion things). After that you get a double Skype interview after which you get an interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• You are creating a marketing campaign for a CNN app. What would you do?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Before I even had an interview I had to take an online quiz. Test is timed (15 minutes) and has 5 questions. This post has those exact questions with my answers. I moved onto a phone interview so I assume I got a good score.

I hate tests for interviews. As a result, I'm passing this onto anyone smart enough to do research online before taking the quiz.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ampush (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, then phone interview with on the spot marketing analytical questions. The questions aren't difficult, just be prepared with a calculator and pen/paper. You also need to know how to explain your answer. Got math questions correct, however didn't get offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in becoming a Media Analyst for Ampush?   Answer Question