Arch Coal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arch Coal Interview Questions

2.8

IT Support Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arch Coal.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews one with HR and one with IT manager and and lunch interview with it manager very positive and relaxed. Interview process took about 3 weeks Thanksgiving holiday was in there so took longer than should have.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Arch Coal   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in HR, had an initial phone call, then two additional manager interviews followed by 2 face to face interviews. I had to follow up numerous times via phone to see where I was in the process. I kept calling until I got the recruiter on the line and she apologized and said she was busy.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you bringing to Arch?   1 Answer

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite friendly and professional HR lady. It took 3 weeks to finally get the rejection and it is a downing business at least for recent years. Hopefully they can get through it quickly.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you like most?   1 Answer

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Grafton, WV) in June 2014.

Interview

2 seperate interviews, one consisted of an electrical test , panel review with maintenance foreman and HR manager. They were very nice , It was a great place to work. It seems impossible to get your foot in the door , unless you know someone there personally. It has been my experience in all mining jobs .If you dont have someone to vouch for you , you wont be considered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arch Coal in May 2014.

Interview

Short history with H.R., More in depth with Department Manager. Both went well, there wasn't any written test, but as long as you have basic knowledge of electric motors and their functions, you should be fine. They are always in need of electricians, and probably will be for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• Similarities of Y and Delta connected motors. Rather confusing, they are obviously dissimilar. Tried to show mathematical differences. Wasn't successful, later I figured out that the question was designed to test my knowledge.   Answer Question

Supervisor Networks Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arch Coal in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed individually with four members of the company. The process and environment were good. Questions were standard and straight forward. The technical interviewers were interesting. One was open to a new hire, the other was a little arrogant about the ownership of their area.

Interview Questions

• From HR a behavioral question. Describe how a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arch Coal (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, panel interview with 12 people in one day (sets of 2). Follow up interview with CIO, director, and 2 managers. The phone screen was with director of technology, he basically wanted to know my background and also asked a few technical questions. The panel was with a wide range of different types of employees, some that were in IT and technical and others that were supported by IT.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you interact with users, PL/SQL technical questions, Technical questions on designing software modules, questions on software interfaces.   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple, they made an offer, I made a counter offer that included an extra $5K and extra week of vacation, then I accepted.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arch Coal in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring manager was easy to talk to. He asked some basic questions and then most of the conversation was around personality. Got to meet the other team members, who seemed nice. They made me an offer the following day. It was lower than the average in the Saint Louis area and they will argue to the bitter end that it is not but they are ill informed and will not negotiate.

Interview Questions

• They had me fill out a 10 question skills test. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. "take it or leave it" "if you think you are worth more then why are you here" are actual quotes from the HR team.