Ares Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ares Management (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They were extremely brief and did not seem like they prepared at all or even looked at my resume prior to me walking into the room. After talking about the company for 5 minutes the interviewer then asked me if I was a hard worker and if I was flexible with pay and said that those were important qualities they were looking for

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ares Management.

Interview

Interview process started with HR screening call (20 minutes). I was called back in for a 1 hour case study and 2 interviews. The last stage was 5 rounds with the rest of the team. It was an extremely professional and well done interview process. Kudos go to the HR employee for setting the right expectations and running a very fluid process, despite the rigor of 3/4 different rounds. All in all, I could not have asked for a better experience with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were very straight forward and open. The offer was generous. Ares was very professional throughout the process. I have nothing but the utmost respect.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ares Management (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I went for three interviews and met with 3 HR people and one manager and the process was simple enough but I thought it was a little over the top for the position at hand to have not received an offer. You never know how it will turn out but I was extremely disappointed with the outcome and felt that since the interviews were very similar, just with different people, that they could have figured out sooner that I wasn't a fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ares Management in September 2015.

Interview

went in for a direct hire position. interviewed by 3 people (30 min each). great questions focusing strictly on my past experience. very friendly staff. was offered a temporary job that day.

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

One afternoon, 3 people from the department interviewed me one by one. Accounting staff --> accounting manager --> accounting senior manager. All behavioral questions. They are all very nice. About 20-30 mins per interviewer. You are siting in a meeting room and they will come one by one.

I talked about my passion, my course load, my reason, and my future plan after graduate.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Just be prepared about your personal experiences, and explain why you have a passion for the job.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very strange interview process. I really got the impression management have no idea what they are doing in this place? I had an initial phone screen for a Senior .NET Developer position.

Two guys interviewed me. An Asian guy who was a database developer, and some Indian guy I could barely understand. He was their so called .NET guru. The questions asked by the database developer were very database specific. No idea why management thought it was a good idea getting a database developer to ask a .NET guy technical questions? His technical questions were completely irrelevant to role. Then it was the turn of the Indian guy. I kid you not, I barely understood 80% of his questions. His accent was so strong, I had to keep asking him to repeat himself.

This interview was a total waste of my time. They were more concerned about testing what I could remember, rather than how I implemented technology and resolved problems. These guys were not qualified for interviewing candidates.

Management in this place should really step back and re-evaluate their interview process. I can only imagine the talent they must have passed over, by asking these two bumbling buffoons to do an initial phone screen.

Good luck chasing the unicorn.

Interview Questions

• How would you process XML using SQL Server.
      What are the different kind of joins in SQL.
      How would you take three rows in a table, and concatenate them all into one result string.
      Can you sub-query at column level.

Remember, this role was for a .NET developer,not a database developer.   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

it was an onsite interview two people in the accounting department take turns interviewed me, I twas basically one on one chatting each last for half an hour. They basically just talked about themselves and introduced the company. They also walked through the resume and asked questions about past experiences. The interview process was not hard. One of the interivewers is nice but one of them does not seemed to like me,

Interview Questions

• why do you like accounting ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ares Management (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview then two rounds of interviews. On the first round of interviews I meet with two different women individually who managed the executive assistants. Then on my second round of interviews I met with the three different executives that I would be assisting individually. Then in sets of two I met with 4 of the executive assistants I would work with in the department.

Interview Questions

• What are three of your strengths?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ares Management (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was sought out by a recruiter, interviewed over the phone twice by their team in NYC, and then skyped with Recruiting Manager in DC. The company was actually very gracious about giving me a third interview. I ended up getting the stomach flu for my initial skype interview and they worked with me on setting up a second time frame. Most companies, won't do this.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a change? Do you have experience with booking travel arrangements? Have you worked with an international team of admins?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ares Management (Century City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very structured, interviewed with a recruiter, HR, chief and the vp of the department and 5 employees of various positions. Overall was an excellent experience, each person asked questions related to their expertise and how the job relates to what they do. I strongly suggest to make good research on who you will interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

generous offer by the company, but I let them know my expectation and range prior to the interview