Asian Development Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Asian Development Bank Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

3.4

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank.

Interview

Video interview. It took only less than 30 minutes, but ADB pushed back three times just a couple of hours before the interview citing the hire manager's unavailability. I am located in USA and was travelling to Europe. It was extremely not professional and at that time I pretty much decided that the hiring manager is not someone I want to work for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Internship applications are to be submitted on the ADB Careers Portal, where one can check the application status. I was invited for an interview about a month and half after applying. Most interview questions were very technical, and related to the internship assignment. They tested my knowledge about the field in the context of the assignment, and were very thorough with the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience prepared you for this position, and what makes you the best candidate for it?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted a couple of weeks later with an offer to set up a Skype Interview
    The interview was rigorous in nature, and I was expected to defend my academic work and my resume.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous background (academic and work) in the field for which I was trying to be an intern in.   Answer Question

The position was unpaid and would require me to relocate 7 seas away. As I am already in debt, I did not want to strain myself further.

Specialist Interview

Interview

Not many job openings. If they bring you to Manila you are almost certain to get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult because published salary ranges are very wide.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank in February 2013.

Interview

overall pretty quick and highly efficient. From the time the application was submitted to the day the offer was made, it only took 2 weeks. Oral offer was made right onsite after the face-to-face talks with several staff members

Interview Questions

• nothing really challenging. As long as you do have the experience or background, you just discuss with them about your projects/thoughts/ideals.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2016.

Interview

Video 1 Hour- Rushed, Hi shall we go? Unprofessional Panel (rolling eyes, laughing, checking iPhone, gestures etc.) except one outsider for the format-Obvious it was for the pre-selected internal promotion event--Managerial job description posted but actually asking for all-in-one-shop-worker.

I realized at the end of this interview - job description was not relevant.
    Old tech-shop mentality with no policy nor structure just do the job on the console type. Glad that I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Question:
      (one after another and you won't have time for a water), ready-set-go describe or explain in detail:

Access Control, NAT and attack relationship, State malware and explain how it's made and how do you do the forensic investigation, DNS settings step by step with example, NAC, Authentication priority, IPS, IDS-Packet Filtering Mech-What how and why, UNIX Security Command line explain, Token, Hash Attack, IPSec, SQL Injection how and fix method in detail, Encryption method, XSS, Password location in the server, Biometric security, best coding question, PenTesting Method in detail, Vulnerability Assessment step by step, SSL/TLS in theory and in practice, PKI infrastructure modification, Certificate Authority management in detail, digital signature and security method, Data Center structure for the future proof, how to detect small payload malware in the network, Phishing Attack and once user click on the link what will happen in the system? Any Computer Algorithm concept with example?

I think there was one or more. We need IBM Watson to go thru this.
      1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

It was quite haphazard. Gave a semblance of being very professional in appearance but panel was not well prepared and even asked irrelevant and unrelated questions. Showed that many senior staff do not really know how to interview. No technical questions were asked. Only very general.

Advisor, Office of Compliance Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 6 senior management staffs in an hour long face to face interview. each member asked at least one question. Then there were cross questions. The main office chair asked me several technical questions, to which I elaborated, with calmness and maturity. I told them about my seniority, maturity and calmness to respond to the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit the job   1 Answer

Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2016.

Interview

It is long in time and interviews are very in detail in terms of technical questions relating the role, personal skills and reasons why you want to work in ADB.
    Be very well prepared for tough interviews and a very competitive process. Salary and conditions are amazing and published in the ADB site.
    They are structured as three or four interviews. All of them by phone with a panel of potential co-workers. Last one is a videocall with the director and his/her supervisor. If everything goes well you are invited for more interviews in Manila HQs. If you are invited you are almost on board.
    Later you would receive a pre-offer in about 2 weeks. If you accept it, they conduct a background check contacting 2-3 referees of your preference and after 2-3 weeks you would receive the formal offer. It is binding and if you sign it, you are onboard.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to finance sectors in Cambodia or Sri Lanka. Tough ...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Asian Development Bank.

Interview

Received an email inviting me for an interview around one month after the application deadline. Did skype interview with my potential supervisors. Questions were nothing unexpected, tell me about yourself, how your education and experience are related to this project etc. They said HR handles the rest from then on and it took one more month for me to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions such as why did you apply to ADB. Also explain why do you think you are suitable for this position etc   Answer Question