Australian Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australian Government Interview Questions

4.0

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Government in January 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process - phone interview then assessment centre which included both a panel interview, a one to one and several group assessments where the aim was fairly obvious. I.e. show that you can listen and respect colleagues and offer a thoughtful opinion when appropriate. Don't interrupt, that's probably the most important element.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Australian Government.

Interview

Typically news print or APS gazette

Interview Questions

• Questions based on the integrated leadership scheme. This is found on the APS website. Five criteria from achieving results to shaping strategic thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

set salary but banded so you can negotiate within the set range.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Australian Government in January 2011.

Interview

Very intrusive evaluation and no feedback given at any stage of the application. I got down to the last stage but unfortunately my background checking must have uncovered something they did not like.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken drugs, if so how often and when.   Answer Question
    • Was required to give them all my personal information and details throughout my life, for there intrusive background checks.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australian Government in February 2010.

Interview

Was asked to solve many algorithm problems - IQ type questions. Write programs on paper, explain thought process. Asked about previous jobs, qualifications etc. Most interviews were videoconfed.

Interview Questions

• Questions about algorithms - write a program to sort a set of numbers stuff like that.   Answer Question

Salary package was not high enough to match my current job.

Information Technology Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hobart (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Government (Hobart (Australia)) in December 2008.

Interview

One interview as the interviewee was an internal applicant.
    Questionnaire filled in triplicate.
    Selection Criteria needs to be addressed.

Negotiation

None.