Australian Government Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

3.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian Government

Australian Government

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Australian Government

Interview

sometimes no interview, sometimes too formal and lengthy compared with the contract. Other times interview by recruitment agency has no bearing on the client applications. Of course, if you are not successful, there is never feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Stakeholder engagement questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Australian Government (Sydney) in Mar 2018

Interview

Short interview with chief of staff before interviewing with Minister via Skype. Easy questions, and focused on past experience in Government, as well as study. Very interesting and informative process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Government (Sydney) in Jan 2018

Interview

Formally based on STAR, is a technique of answering behavioural interview questions in a structured manner by describing a specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are discussing. The STAR method helps you explain in a simple yet powerful way how you handled specific work situations and challenges

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Australian Government

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Government in Jan 2014

Interview

Standard interview process - phone interview then assessment centre which included both a panel interview, a one to one and several group assessments where the aim was fairly obvious. I.e. show that you can listen and respect colleagues and offer a thoughtful opinion when appropriate. Don't interrupt, that's probably the most important element.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

Interview

Typically news print or APS gazette

Interview Questions
  • Questions based on the integrated leadership scheme. This is found on the APS website. Five criteria from achieving results to shaping strategic thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Australian Government in Jan 2011

Interview

Very intrusive evaluation and no feedback given at any stage of the application. I got down to the last stage but unfortunately my background checking must have uncovered something they did not like.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever taken drugs, if so how often and when.
  • Was required to give them all my personal information and details throughout my life, for there intrusive background checks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australian Government in Feb 2010

Interview

Was asked to solve many algorithm problems - IQ type questions. Write programs on paper, explain thought process. Asked about previous jobs, qualifications etc. Most interviews were videoconfed.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about algorithms - write a program to sort a set of numbers stuff like that.

Anonymous Employee in Hobart

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Government (Hobart) in Dec 2008

Interview

One interview as the interviewee was an internal applicant. Questionnaire filled in triplicate. Selection Criteria needs to be addressed.

RSS Feed</>Embed