Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

There are various stages. Firstly, it is an online assessment with a video interview component. Then if you are successful, you will be required to attend an assessment centre (including interview) held at their office in Sydney, Australia. Then if successful from this stage they will invite you to a second interview

Interview Questions

• They asked what is one of the risks that could affect the work of APRA in the future.   Answer Question

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

APRA uses an online application system. First round, APRA will send you a request for Revellian testing, which involves a personality test and a cognitive ability test. Depending on your results, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.

Interview

Online psychometric assessment followed by interviews and another personality test

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation that you didn't deal with well and what happened   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2010.

Interview

This was an internal interview. It involved career progression (which can be quite politically charged and a time-consuming exercise in order to make it a successful one) at the same time as a departmental move.

Previous interview was from external and this involved an online IQ test as well that was completed online. No particular controls around the IQ test... You can use google etc but there is a time limit and most people would have cottoned on to this so it's no big advantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had a conflict with your manager or the specialist department and how did you go about addressing this in light of the core work at hand (being prudential supervision)?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about regulating a major bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

APRA has a very tight pay band due to complying with Australian Public Service principles so you can't really negotiate too much. There is the ability to move a bit within the relevant range but if you are talking about going over the threshold for that pay level, then you are asking something ridiculous in public sector world so you really need to look at it differently than an a-hole private sector negotiation.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2009.

Interview

There was one HR person and 2 technical people in the room. They were very friendly and made their best attempt to help me to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you see APRA's role in shaping the future of financial regulation in Australia?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate - I thought the offer was very favourable at the time.