BARC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BARC

3.7

Scientific Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC (Mumbai (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

It took six months after notification. Usually there will be a screening test where you were asked questions from 11th and 12th ,after clearing this you will be called fir interview. It will run around for an hour.

Interview Questions

• They started with modern physics and slowly jumped into other areas. They start with basics.   1 Answer

Scientific Officer Civil Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC.

Interview

First they asked me about my favourite subjects. But then they asked from every subject, so prepare well. Then they asked me if i was ok with site job. The interview lasted for 1 hr 15 min almost.

Interview Questions

• Find reaction of propped cantilever by strain energy method.   1 Answer
    • Derive moment of inertia of rectangular section   Answer Question

Technical Scientific Officer Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC (Mumbai (India)) in June 2019.

Interview

They will ask about five favourite subjects. They ask everything in detail of those subjects. So be careful in choosing the subjects and prepare well. I was selected through written test organised by BARC. Interview was purely technical. They asked everything related to given subject.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and place you belong to??   Answer Question
    • Design bolts of a flanged coupling subjected to torque???   Answer Question
    • They asked about thermal stresses.   Answer Question
    • Fluid statics pressure distribution was asked in spherical vessel.   Answer Question
    • Draw temperature versus time curve for a beaker containing water at 20 degree Celsius.   Answer Question

Scientific Officer C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC (Mumbai (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview call through GATE SCORE (my score was 891 in EE paper.
    But final selection purely based on interview. Interview is purely technical. Interview went on for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• BARC experience:
       Date: 16/05/19
       Reporting Time: 8:30 am
       Interview Time: 3 pm
       (They provides accommodation+lunch)
      1) Intro, where I live, how I reached mumbai, Gate rank, college placement, gate rank etc.
       2) The chairperson asked me if I know the interview process at barc. Then he asked me to list down 4-5 subjects. I told: machine, PS, PE, Control, Network.
      3) They started with control:
       a) Draw the block digram of liquid level control system. Identify all blocks. Draw response op vs time. How response changes if gain increased. What if outflow rate is linearly increasing with time? (I got stuck there)
      4) They started machine.
       a) What happens if we give supply to rotor instead of stator in SRIM
       b) How to run IM above synchronous speed without changing poles or frequency. (Rotor emf *injection *method)
       c) What will be the stator frequency of an isolated induction generator rotated at 3000 rpm by prime mover?
       d) Draw T-s characteristic of IM. Plot Power vs slip characteristics on same plot. Mark different zones of operation. If we get negative power in both generating and breaking mode, then why we don't use the breaking mode for generation of power?
       e) They gave me a diagram of IM mechanically coupled to SM, both machine connected to grid, and asked sequence of events that would occur when supply is switched on
      5) They moved to PS
       a) They gave me 3 problems on a paper (with increasing difficulty level) on real power flow and asked to solve it
       b) They asked me to prove the Formula of real power flow without neglecting resistance of line.
      6) Power Electronics
       a) Gave me a simple inverter with R load, asked to draw current waveform. He changed load to RL load, asked to draw current again. Where will the current go when switch opens. Then he added a diode in series with supply and a capacitor in parallel after *the *diode, and asked again to draw current waveform through load again.
      7) Network:
       a) Gave me a circuit with 1st battery||Resistance||2nd battery and asked current through the resistance. Then asked me to apply superposition theorem. Is it applicable here? Why superposition isn't applicable here? Statement of Superposition Theorem.
      Interview ended. The wished me best of luck. I left interview room.
      Results: SELECTED   Answer Question

Tso Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BARC (Mumbai (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

It is purely technical interview, no HR related question. They check the fundamental and your approach towards a problem. You have to mention 4-5 favourite subjects. They ask questions from only those subjects.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC.

Interview

The interview started with asking about a few details about myself. after that, they asked to write 4 favourite subjects in a paper. i wrote FM, CRE, MTO, HT then they started asking some basic questions like writing Bernoulli equation and explain the terms. after that they started digging deeper and deeper

Interview Questions

• hey asked about the design of pipe diameter,NPSH and how NPSH contribute to design of pipelines.after that they asked from cre,mto,ht.those were questions from practical industrial problems   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BARC.

Interview

Questions related to basic understanding in your subject
    No HR questions are asked.
    Purely technical interview
    Need to specify 5 topics from your branch. Questions asked on those topics and their combinations.

OCES/DGFS Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BARC.

Interview

after clearing the barc written exam interview of around 1 hr was conducted, which had questions ranging from basics of the subjects to most fundamental advance level questions, which seem to be easy but are not.

Interview Questions

• any 4 subjects of your choice?   1 Answer
    • then one by one questions on each subject starting from easiest one and going upto your limits.   1 Answer

Oces Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BARC (Mumbai (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

I qualified for interview after clearing the written examination in which only technical questions are asked related to your B. Tech. Then comes the interview round which is totally technical. No HR, nothing, only technical questions are asked related to your branch. You will be first asked to write down 5 subjects of your interest and you will be asked questions only from those subjects. There will be 5 or 6 interviewers each will ask from one of the subjects. They will ask basic questions and further questions arises based on your answers. The interview process goes for around an hour or more. I am a computer science student So I was asked question from Computer Science subjects namely Operating System, Computer Networks, Data Structures, Algorithms, DBMS, C programs.

Scientific Officer C Interview

Application

Interview

To get selected for this interview one must either be eligible through GATE or through their OCES/DGFS Exam. Results are declared after 1 month and interview date could be selected after that.

Interview Questions

• Whats is Gain Margin and Phase Margin ?   1 Answer
    • It seems you may want to change the gain of the system ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to change the gain of the system ?   1 Answer
    • What is steady state error of a system ?   Answer Question