Bamko Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bamko Interview Questions

2.8

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bamko (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy! Overall the interview process was good. The HR team and executives come off friendly. BEWARE! This is a cover. If they were even remotely honest with who they really were I would have NEVER said yes.

Negotiation

My advice: NEGOTIATE! They offer based on your previous salary and your cost of living.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bamko.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had the initial phone interview with them. They then set up a phone interview with human resources from Bamko. The main focus of the second phone interview was about my current position, quota, sales figures, income, gross profit, etc. Unfortunately, the salary information I was given by human resources was less than 50% of what I was told by my recruiter. As I found out later, I was also not qualified because my average "deals" weren't large enough. The recruiter had all that information. I'm sure Bamko's expectations are high and there is nothing wrong with that. However, I feel that if my recruiter had done their homework, I wouldn't have wasted my time researching the position and preparing for my interview. My advice: If you want to work for Bamko, contact them directly. That way, they can weed out prospective hires before moving forward in the hiring process.

Account Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bamko.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews - was told I would get a response either way however after 2 months not a word . Clearly I didn't get the job - however a simply "thanks but no thanks " is clearly a common courtesy they haven't been taught

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bamko (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Resume was submitted and was contacted by someone in human resources after severaal rounds of email tag. The initial phone intervie went well (I thought) and I was told the next steep would be my speaking with one of the owners. I never received any further communication despite my reaching out several times throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• The old standard, "Tell me about yourself / your experience."   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bamko (Brentwood, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

They act like they are hiring CIA operatives. This is a medium level sales job selling branded trinkets. But Bamko interviews you like they need a Goldman Sachs genius. The interview process suggests they are selling to C-level execs at Fortune 500 companies - but that is not the reality. They should gear interview process to the realities of their business operations.

Interview Questions

• What level of sales are you doing? Are your transactions over $100K?   1 Answer

A Senior Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bamko.

Interview

After sending the resume, HR department called for usual phone interview for a pre-screen for an actual job interview which was standard and lasted about 15 minutes. In their office, I was given an application form and few questions to assess abilities related to basic math, logic and aptitude which took around half hour.

The actual interview was conducted by the hiring manager which was standard with a focus on knowing about my current job and skill sets. Next interview was with the director of operations who asked lots of questions relating to my current jobs, skill sets and how I would apply those skills in their company. Again, the interview process was stress free and encouraged two way flow of information. The interview ended with a note that department head from New York would take final interview. The final phone interview was scheduled late at night due to time differences. It went already (so I thought) as questions were more open ended.

Bamko is fast paced, energetic company which is growing. The employees all looked happy and the office has relaxed, startup feel. If you are willing to put up extra hours and take risks of doing things differently, this might be the place to work. It would be expected to answer calls/ email at odd hours due to geographical time difference.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the exact questions but they were designed to understand the depth of one’s skills. The interview set up was relaxed.   Answer Question