Beaverton School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beaverton School District Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.4

Instructional Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beaverton School District.

Interview

I applied online on a Tuesday after seeing the job posting on their website. A week later on Wednesday I received an email asking me log back in to the application to schedule an interview. Two days later (Friday) I had an interview with the principal and one of the vice principals at the school with the opening. The Wednesday after that I received an email notifying me of the hiring decision (job offered to someone else). However, I was in touch with one of the interviewers about a week and a half after the interview- I was told that I had made a good impression in the interview and that they were interested in considering me for a similar position that will be opening later in the year. I'll be keeping in touch!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagreed with a teacher in the classroom where you were working?   Answer Question

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beaverton School District (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

It took a whIle to get a call back I had forgotten I applied when they called me but once I got the call the process went fast. The interview process was calm. I was in a room with I think Terrance the safety coordinator and Jean the head trainer and they are both awesome people that made me feel at home from the start.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about my attitude and how I would deal with minute issues that arise between people and kids.   Answer Question

Educational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Beaverton School District (Beaverton, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application on line, including my resume, and cover letter I was called the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was with the principal and the special ed teacher. It lasted about 20 minutes as it was a pre-screening to obtaining a longer and more in-depth interview. At the interview I felt comfortable as it was in a relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as an assistant in an elementary school class room?   1 Answer

Supervisory Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Beaverton School District (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I put in an application then got a call for an interview. The student supervisor and a supervisory aid interviewed me together at the school I applied for. After the interview the school contacts HR and they called with the offer.

Interview Questions

• If two boys were fighting over a football play what would
      you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beaverton School District.

Interview

I worked with the BSD as a volunteer, and was recommended for the position. That seems to be the way many people get hired. However there are lots of opportunities for Sub jobs. This is a position that is totally on the job training. The best candidates would be people who are comfortable with children, comfortable making decisions on their own and can be very flexible.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you were given directions from a teacher that you didn't agree with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Interview

One interview with hiring principal and immediate supervisor

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beaverton School District in August 2011.

Interview

I have interviewed (and been hired) by BSD previously, but this particular interview was unusual, so I thought it was worth posting.

It was a one on one interview with the principal and he stated that he wanted to keep it to a strict 30 minute time limit. The first 15 minutes were fairly standard teacher interview question about learning, assessment, planning, literacy, etc.

The principal then asked me to tell about a time when I had messed up or made a mistake in the classroom and gave me a minute of "think time." After I gave him my answer, he told me that it was a trick question, and spent about 5 minutes telling me how I could have answered it better.

Next he asked me to participate in a racially charged role-playing activity. He used another five minutes to give me a "teachable moment" on how I could have handled the situation better. He then said that there was one minute left and I could ask him one quick question.

I don't know if this is a new interviewing technique, or if this is unique to this particular individual, but I was unprepared for and flustered by the structure of this interview and did not perform as well as I would have liked.

My previous interviews with BSD were more typical teacher interviews with a panel and being approximately an hour long. I would definitely interview with BSD again, but not necessarily with this same person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   2 Answers