Berkeley County School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berkeley County School District

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District (Summerville, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Teacher recruitment fair
    Interview with person's of department
    Interview with principal
    Proposal sent to district
    Principal reaches out
    District reaches out with letter of intent
    Person accepts or declines with responding to letter of intent
    Applicant attends two day orientation training before school year begins

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit in our department   1 Answer

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District (Summerville, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Was brief and pretty straight forward. I don't remember a whole lot since it was months ago but don't feel like there were any big surprises or overly difficult questions. She was a little difficult to get a read on how she felt about me but in the end I was hired so I guess she felt good.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle classroom behavior issues. Mainly too much talking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cross, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District (Cross, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

Credentialing requirement had to be earned first in order to teach. An online application was followed by an in person interview, followed by an induction process including benefits selection and retirement options selection. The principal interviewed me next and I must say that Mr. Adrian Busch is quite possibly the most personable administrator that I have ever met in my history working in education. He has been a great administrator throughout the entire process for me as a new teacher. I would recommend working for him in any school, although I do believe he will probably stay at Cross until he retires.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in reference to our organization? How do you see yourself adapting and changing over the next few years?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very relaxed, but to the point. The principal was clear of his expectations and his desire to continue the program. (The previous teacher left for another job on the first day of school for teachers.

Interview Questions

• In this case, the most difficult question was, "Are you interested in the job on such short notice?"   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District.

Interview

Very Easy, met at Job Fair

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncks Corner, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkeley County School District (Moncks Corner, SC).

Interview

I was kind of hired from "the good old boy " network. Now, you must be certified, and cleared by the district. Once that is completed, you have an interview with the principal or his designee. If approved the district will again do more (if needed) backround Checking. Must Pass SLED and FBI reports

Interview Questions

• Off the wall questions are the norm, almost like the joke if you were a tree what type are you. I was once asked do I want marines or army   1 Answer