Bernstein-Rein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bernstein-Rein

2.2

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bernstein-Rein (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied online and received call from Nicole Porterfield that same day to schedule interview for the following week. She then e-mailed me an application to fill out and return. First round interview, met with three ladies from the department in lobby. Had second round interview two weeks later with four more ladies from the department. A couple days after second interview, received e-mail saying they chose another candidate. Everyone was friendly, nice and professional and I would apply again should a new position open.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you've faced and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • Were there any questions you thought I'd ask but didn't?   Answer Question
    • Name a brand you think is doing well in media right now.   Answer Question
    • What do you think your professors would say about you?   Answer Question
    • What is your work style?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bernstein-Rein (Kansas City, MO) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview process was great. Everyone made me feel comfortable and right at home. I interviewed with multiple people and the process was very easy. The HR recruiter was very prompt and kept me very involved in the process. The most difficult question I was asked was from the hiring manager. He came off very stern in the beginning, but lightened up toward the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Vacation time and miscellaneous expenses were easy to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bernstein-Rein (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was very disorganized. I was brought onsite twice to interview. Each time consisted of 3-4 interviews with individuals from different departments. There were several times I was asked the same question (which is OK). There were aspects based on the line of questioning where I could tell upper management was interpreting my answers differently than the people in the department I would be working with. Overall it seemed like there was a disconnect between upper management and what was required for the job.

Bottom line, this opportunity didn't work out. Because of the multiple rounds of onsite interviews it felt very misleading. Some of the feedback I got made it seem that it was a culture fit. I would highly suggest to their HR team (if they have a true HR team) that while recruiting they should conduct initial phone interviews to clear questions related to culture and the basic requirements of the job to make sure people are a good fit before proceeding. It can save a lot of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• What was my communication approach on projects?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bernstein-Rein in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was through a headhunter, so it went very smoothly. The interview itself was on-site, which was a great opportunity to see that the culture was laid back and met my expectations for a well-respected advertising agency.

Interview Questions

• They did give me a scenario and knowing I had no tools at my disposal, they asked how I'd approach pulling together a media plan/what vehicles I'd use. It wasn't all that difficult, but it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Account Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Interview

These guys could not have been more unprofessional. I came to Kansas City to interview with them because god knows they weren't going to spend any money to meet me halfway. Had to wait almost 30 minutes in the lobby before they could find people that were going to interview me (This was an entry level position, but a technical, client level management one nonetheless). They did not have a room reserved and we spent another 10 just trying to find one. Once we did, 2 entry level employees who had been there no more than a year and had about the same level experience as I fumbled around with trying to come up with interview questions. I assure you this is the first time either of them had even heard my name or seen my resume. After about 15 minutes of going over my background in the space, they asked me if I had any questions for them, signaling to me that they did not know what they were doing, did not care, and did not have really any authority over whether or not I got hired. They looked very stressed and upon telling me about their current work gave new light the practice of ad agencies giving employees freebies like industrial coffee makers and food in lieu of clients that treat you horribly and an even worse work/life balance. 2 weeks later I got a template letter in the mail saying that I was declined the job, without any follow up. After my experience there I would not have taken an offer had I even received one.