Big Blue Swim School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Blue Swim School

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Wilmette, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

easy super relaxed people while being interviewed great environment not serious at all really great staff member who greeted me wasn't too crazy it was an in and out type of interview which ended in when can you start

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Wilmette, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was nervous at first for my interview, but Mike Thoma made me comfortable and laugh basically the whole time during the interview. He really asked all the right questions and answered all mine very nicely.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation just asked what days I'm comfortable working. :)

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed it was a one on one with Andrea. She asked questions regarding my past swimming history. Andrea Also asked about why I wanted to work for big blue swim school and what my education background was.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think the interview was difficult it was very to the point.   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School.

Interview

Pretty easy, they really just want to ensure you're comfortable working with kids. They're super nice and warm. It's one on one and they just ask basic questions to gauge your comfort level with kids.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Buffalo Grove, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

They bring you in and ask you if this is something you are comfortable with doing. Not extreme at all, they are very eager for employees due to turnover so it doesn't take much to be accepted. They will give you the basics of all the benefits of the job but don't give you any damning details, so be sure to ask specific questions about PTO and time off, ect. because they won't tell you until its too late and you've taken a week off to find out you don't get paid.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working with children   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Wilmette, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

interview was 10 minutes of the easiest questions. It took 10 minutes and they ask you about 4 questions. I was offered the position on the spot. You're replaceable. I don't really know what to say. But good luck with iht

Swim Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Wilmette, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, they bring you in and ask you a few questions about yourself. The impression I got was that they were trying to get a read on me as a person more than actually figuring out if I was experienced in the field or not. They hired me on the spot after some very obvious filtering questions (what would you do if a child hit you during a swim lesson and things of that nature)

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience as a lifeguard   1 Answer

Swim Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Buffalo Grove, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called within a couple days, interviewed one time, then got the job a couple days later!!! Andrea is very nice and welcoming. She made me feel very comfortable and I was in and out in 20 minutes.

Swim Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Blue Swim School (Niles, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Hiring managers were very laid back and comfortable to talk to. Basically just ask what your experience and comfort with kids is like as well as other typical interview questions.