Big Open Door Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Big Open Door Marketing

2.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

emailed me, got two interviews. First was a phone interview, second was face-to-face

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing.

Interview

Two separate interviews on the same day, it was a joke

Interview Questions

• none as long as you can speak englilsh and have a car you will be hired   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview after application was submitted. Then I was invited for a face-to-face interview with the owner. The owner was so friendly and nice! I went out on a second round interview out in the field and got to shadow a top management leader. After that the owner contacted me and asked a few questions about how it went. Then she called the person I shadowed, then she called me back and offered me a position!

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and who with?
      This was an unexpected and unique question. I assume it was asked to get a feel for what type of person I am and if I have any dreams or ambitions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating for me, when you need a job, especially one with such a huge opportunity to grow and advance

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

It's funny because I read all of the reviews before I went in for the interview and became hesitant. It wasn't until I got there that I realized exactly what the interview process was.

Big Open Door Marketing is not located in a high rise, it's in a professional office building. They DO NOT interview you at a Starbucks, it's again, in a professional office building. The people at the office were beyond nice to me, to make me feel comfortable and way less nervous.

After the first interview with the director of the company, I went out to one of their events and was told to fill out a background check, and that It would take a few weeks to hear back. I am still waiting on a response from the director.

I really hope I get a call soon about the position, and I hope it's good news.

Interview Questions

• Why did I not bring a copy of my resume to the interview?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was rushed, sloppy, and almost a "don't ask don't tell" sort of situation. The owner did not even introduce herself. After asking her a few questions about what exactly the job was, she unveiled that you would be working as a product demonstrator at any selected costco.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind traveling within a 60 mile radius of DC in your own vehicle with no compensation?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

From the job listing to what you actually interview for is a huge difference. While you may be thinking you are interviewing for a marketing position that values degrees in communications or English, you are actually interviewing for a position as a "samples" person in Costco.

Interview Questions

They lied on the job listing. This was not the job I thought I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

They advertise this job as one where you will get real marketing experience at an established firm with big clients. When you get there, it's a tiny 2 room office with 2 employees. The job is essentially standing in a costco trying to sell as seen on TV products on commission. They gave me the impression of extremely high turnover. There were typical interview questions and nothing too interesting.

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

I don't even remember applying here - I think they got my resume from a website like Career Builder or something. Never a good start- I've found places that hire like that are generally sub-par employers and desperate for talent. They called me in for an interview so I went it and we talked mostly about what I wanted to do as a long-term goal. Then I went directly from there to a Safeway where an employee was doing a marketing show (selling heating pads) and had another pseudo-interview. The boss called me later that day and offered me the position. It was extraordinarily easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said I would think about it - I knew I was going to take the job but I said I'd let them know the next day. They seemed pretty shocked because I think most of the people they hire are pretty desperate. It's a good time to take control of the conversation and explain your wants and needs. Oh but they have an existing pay schedule that they won't budge on. And it's just horrendous.

Field Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing.

Interview

Three were two rounds of interview, first by a manager at an office and second by a manager out on field. They would ask questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why should we hire you? Can you talk about your biggest challenge. No tricky questions.

Brand Representative/Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Open Door Marketing (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Starts with a quick phone interview, then you do one in person, they immediately send you to a store where they are selling products to do an interview with an employee, and finally you do another quick phone interview and usually get hired that day. It's very easy and almost everyone gets an offer

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, they basically tell you about the job and then ask if you're interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay - it's 100% commission