Blue Note Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Note

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Note (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with the Blue Note's General Manager at the time and the interview process I can describe: easy going, friendly. He asked me the right question and was straight to the point, also informed me about possibility being scheduled on specific days that he needed me. I felt confidant to interview and perform the requested responsibilities that where asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Do I have knowledge about wine?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Note (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I met with the two owners separately and had 2 interviews on different days. Setting up each interview was very painful. The woman in charge of doing so took a day or more to return emails. Both interviews went well, or so I thought. I was polite and wrote a thank you note after each interview. I never heard back despite an email to the woman who set things up. Frankly, this has become the new normal. It's a matter of common decency to let the candidate know the status of the application, particularly after two interviews. The owners have no class at all.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Note (Columbia, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I have always wanted to be a graphic design intern at The Blue Note. I reached out to the owner of The Blue Note and let him know that I was passionate about the music industry and graphic design. i explained how I admired the establishment and wished to contribute my talents. He told me to email him my resume and when I did he asked to set up an interview. I went in a week later and become one the new graphic design interns!

Artist Attendant (Tokyo Branch) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Note (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied by sending my resume via mail after seeing their job posting in a job magazine. Got a phone call in a few days asking me to go in for an interview.
    I was led by one hiring staff member to a seat where customers usually sit at (a dining table close to the stage). We spoke a little while we waited for another hiring staff to show up. The interview then began with the two hiring staff sitting across from me.

The entire interview was in Japanese. They asked me what I studied in college, what I have been doing since graduation, my work experience, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing with your time since you graduated from college?   1 Answer