Blue Square Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Square Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Square

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Square.

Interview

I applied for the Software engineer position, however, I was called and offered a position of Sales Associate which was not relevant in any way to the position I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What opportunities are you looking for?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Rapid fire questions regarding placement in company ;personalized experience and basic psychological questions verifying application; The interviews were lined up one after another and extremely generalized. I was told I would be called regardless and notified either way. I was not called or notified.

Interview Questions

• In a brick building, would I describe myself as a brick, foundation, or mortar and why?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Square.

Interview

The interview process is classic 2 round style. The first round eliminates some people- this is basically a meet and greet while going over some resume questions. The second interview is a business shadowing, taking the interviewer into the field for several hours. If this goes well, a company representative calls in a few days to offer the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Square (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They had multiple interviews, mostly to make you feel like you are getting a highly sought after job and to sell you on the company. Overall, I fell for it, and I should have considered other opportunities when they presented how much money they said I would make, before they even offered the job. The questions where weird and had nothing to do with the job. Also they elaborately glossed over door to door sales, by saying it was "marketing".

Interview Questions

• "If you where a wall, would you be a brick or the mortar?"   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Square (Hertford, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and then was directly invited for a face to face interview

Probably the worst interview I have been to in terms of engagement, it was purely just competency based questions, no reactions or engagement from the interviewees, real off putting experience.

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hertford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Square (Hertford, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very streamlined and thorough. They make sure you are fully equipped for the role and when applicable will offer you a different role if it is more suitable. Very supportive and accommodating through out.

Interview Questions

• How is your organisational skills? How would you prioritise tasks?   Answer Question

Client Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Square (Hertford, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview process. First with the Finance Manager and second with the Finance Manager and Financial Controller. The company has a great ethos and is keen to develop and progress their employees. Both Laura and Michelle were lovely and asked all the right questions, with just the right amount of pressure on me but made me feel very comfortable and welcome. Immediately sense a friendly atmosphere when entering the building and could tell that their employees were happy within the environment. I feel the negative reviews on Glassdoor are unjustified and is not a true representation of the company at all.
    I was offered the role and although at first I excepted as I was very keen to work for such a fantastic and focused business, unfortunately my current employer completely changed my job role to more sales & stock focused role (which is what I needed for my CV) and changed my job package, and I felt that I could not turn this down at this time in my career. This is no reflection on Blue Square as a business and I was very much looking forward to joining the team. It was a hard decision to make but I had to go with my gut feeling. I am sure whoever BSM employ for the role, will very much enjoy working for them & I would love to be given the opportunity to interview for them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have had to work to tight deadlines.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Square (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Skype calls and face to face interview that lasted for 11hrs as they insisted we should wait for everyone to finish before they would let us know if we have been successful

Interview Questions

• Various tasks and a presentation   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. Regardless of my experience I was told it would not be fair to pay me the amount requested as the rest of the team were earning less.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Square (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 stage process. Initial Skype call and then a face to face with a CSM and another Field Manager. The recruiter was amazing, lady goes by the name of Alex, kept me informed and fully prepared at every stage. Communication was 1st rate.
    Even though I was not offered the role, Alex let me know with (what seemed like) genuine compassion, complete with detailed feedback.

Interview Questions

• What innovative ways of training can you bring to the role.   Answer Question

Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton Abbot, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square (Newton Abbot, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter apparently based on my CV on Reed.
    A Skype interview was setup for the following day, with a face to face interview booked for the following Monday.
    In the Skype interview I asked for clarity on some details that had been vague from the previous telephonic conversation, one of these being "where will my face to face interview take place", previously the answer had been "somewhere close to you", while in the Skype interview, the answer changed to "all applicants have to be prepared to travel to our offices in London"
    After explaining that I had done this in the past from where I live, (Just below Exeter, in the South West), and that a 130 Pound train journey and 15 hour day, or a 400 mile drive, with 8 hours of driving time, wasn't worth it for a "potential job".
    This was especially in light of the fact that after they had contacted me, they had no idea of my location, couldn't explain how my purely I.T. experienced CV made me a fit for the job as a technical service technician, for a product I had no experience with and could not clarify my working responsibility area any more than "The South of England"

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to travel to our offices in London for a face to face interview.   1 Answer