Brightside Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightside Academy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very quick and brief. Because (and shortly after being hired and starting) you quickly learn that they're just beyond desperate for staff.
    So much of the staff doesn't even have a background working with children. At all!!! (other than their own)

Interview Questions

• Background.
      When's the soonest you can start?
      Why do you want to work with Children?
      - literally the most generic/ basic interview questions are asked.
      Answer Question

Younger School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Phila, PA).

Interview

Brief. They seemed needy for good star and seemed structured and organized. The man who interviewed me was nice and very eager to help me get this position. Which I did.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to be with a company where advancement is an option if you only try?   Answer Question

Academy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Standard Director interview consisting of an area business manager panel and director regional panel along with teacher training, company policy training and mentor ship. They do a review at 30-90 days. mentor- ship varies on experience and need for the director to be on site.

Interview Questions

• Standard director questions as far as budgeting, staffing, productivity, training, marketing and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Bronx, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and concise. I first phone interviewed with the center's recruiter where it took 15 minutes and then after he scheduled me for a in person interview to meet with the academy director and it went really well. She was very bubbly and sweet and pretty much hired me on the spot! Now all I'm doing is going through the fingerprinting process and should start work in a month!

Interview Questions

• If there was a child in your classroom who happened to bump his head while playing, how would you explain this to a parent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I called their office and they emailed me an application. They reviewed it and I was invited in for an interview. The next day I got another call and I was hired. A week later I attended a three day orientation before starting at work.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've had to overcome at a job?   1 Answer

Lead Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was given a face to face interview. I was hired on the spot, given requirements I needed to fulfill before beginning. I went online and was able to get the certification for free. I paid 127$ yo be fingerprinted by an agency, which is not the DOE.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't think to negotiate

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Not much. The interview took less than 20 min. Manager needed cooks asap. Questions pertained to food and cooking skills. Job responsibilities was not explained totally. I was given a tour of the facility and kitchen. I was not told about the division in management. I found that out after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a nyc food hamdlers
      Do I know how to cook
      Have I ever cooked for children
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightside Academy in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by HR rep the following day. I was asked typical interview questions and question related to the position. Based on the phone interview I was then invited to meet for an interview with the academy director at the center

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through a job lead on a website and received a call the next day. the lady was very nice and we scheduled a telephone interview for the next morning. When responding to the ad for the job I made sure I notated that had the credentials and that could provide the necessary documentation if needed.

Interview Questions

• Veri smooth and she was nice and answered promptly and professionally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Speak like you have some sense and speak with certainty. If you can negotiate, do so !

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brightside Academy in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy. A few general questions and I was in. They called me on the phone and asked me to come to their school in North Philadelphia. While I was there the lady asked me questions about my previous experience and background. I was then offered a position. Pay isn't too good but i needed the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you defuse an argument between two children?   Answer Question