British Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

British Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

Innovation Fundraising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Two interviews - First one based on a simple test to describe how you would innovate a product and conversation questions about 'Tell us about a time'
    Second interview with more senior team 'Tell us about a time'

Community Worker Interview

Interview

Telephone interview and then face-to-face interview. The recruitment process was efficient and quick. The team were very friendly and I would have accepted if circumstances were different. A positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are our fundamental values and how are they reflected in your work?   Answer Question

D2D Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I send the application and 1 hour later I received a call for attending an 'assessment' on the same week at the headoffice in London.

You will be placed in a room with other applicants and will be asked to present yourself, other applicants and products.

They will give some information about the job and what is expected, it's all very informal and relaxed.

Innovation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Once I was invited to the interview, I was asked to prepare a presentation.
    What I was not informed was that I also had a computer test. The test lasted 30 minutes and I had to prepare a letter and a Powerpoint presentation
    Then, I was interviewed by 2 people. I delivered my presentation and was asked questions about it. The interview followed with other questions relevant to the position. The interview was friendly but long.

Street Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, staff was warm and welcoming. Very friendly. I couldn't say one bad thing about the experience. A great charity to work for and are truely helping people worldwide and here in the UK. Thank you

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

On arrival at the offices, i was greeted by the receptionist and offered refreshment. interview process was straight forward and the questions in the interview were based on the knowledge of the organisation in the UK and internationally.

Corporate Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Applied online, contacted 2 weeks later with an interview date. Interview was by two very nice employees, the questions were very basic interview questions about the role, ie. what is corporate funding? what examples do you have of fundraising? How would you write a thank you letter to donors? Then there was a small task to write a thank you letter and complete a very basic excel exercise

Retail Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grangemouth, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Grangemouth, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard within a week of the closing date that I had been invited for an interview.
    The interview consisted of an excel and word assessment followed by a competency based interview, before a panel of 2, with approximately 10 questions. The whole process took about an hour. I received an email 3 working days after the interview to say that I had been unsucessful and that if I wanted feedback then I should let them know. I emailed back to ask if feedback could be provided in writing or whether they only gave verbal feedback and despite chasing, I am still waiting on a response/acknowledgement over 2 weeks later which I find more disappointing than not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you worked as part of a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Online application process using red cross system
    Interview within 2 weeks
    Result of interview same week as interview
    Interview 2 people.
    10 behavioural interview questions about use of skills and experience
    Exercise on prioritising series of admin tasks. Read scenario and then answer question on how you would handle different types of priorities.
    Online computer skills test for word, excel, PowerPoint and internet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had competing priorities what were they and how did you handle them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation on salary. Initially offered minimum wage. Which was increased slightly to what they thought was living wage but was out of date (previous year's) living wage.

Event First Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Dundee, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I applied, received an invite to start, then after I had been working 6 months, I was "formally" interviewed by my line manager. Which she never seemed to understand either. Basically, I probably shouldn't have been working there. Especially for the part where I was working with vulnerable children for the biggest part of the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the British Red Cross   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed.