Bronx Defenders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bronx Defenders

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Easy to use application system, prompt communication, respectful meeting with committee members - more like a conversation than an interview. People who work there are clearly smart, engaged and committed and the atmosphere of the office seems more like a fun startup than a public defender.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel representing people who have been committed serious crimes?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders.

Interview

Application; late request for interview. I received a request for an interview very late, after i had already received another offer, and was therefore unable to interview. They also did not get back to me in any form until this.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable -- because I already had accepted an offer, I did not interview.   Answer Question

Legal Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders (Bronx, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of 4 people. Interview lasted about 40 minutes. Interview committee seemed very involved and not too intimidating. The committee took turns asking questions and paid attention to my responses. Everyone made eye and but not so easy to read. Couldn't tell if your answers were what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and why would I want to work for organization.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders.

Interview

I had one in-person interview with a hiring committee, which was made up of attorneys, social workers, and administrators. I was asked questions about my background, experiences, and why I wanted to work for The Bronx Defenders. I thought that the Hiring Committee was approachable and relatively not intimidating. The interview was about 30 minutes and very direct. I felt that the whole process was very transparent and open, which, as an applicant, I definitely appreciated.

Interview Questions

I received another offer for a totally different job.

Civil Legal Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was told about the interview 6 days before having to fly to NYC from the west coast. There was no initial phone interview. The interview consisted of a panel interview and was a maximum of 30 minutes long. Interview questions mainly centered on the experiences highlighted in my cover letter and resume. Prior to the interview, I was given a tour around the building.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly centered on the experiences highlighted in my resume.   Answer Question
    • Another question involved whether I would be comfortable defending individuals accused of crimes.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bronx Defenders (Bronx, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I initially applied to the Bronx Defenders through idealist.org and was e-mailed by the Hiring Manager to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the Bronx Defender's location, the Hiring Manager took me into a room where three executives of the organization interviewed me. It was fairly simple. The three executives asked me questions such as: "Do you feeling comfortable investigating cases which have to do with murder, rapes, or drugs?", "Do you feel you can assist the legal attorney to collect as much information as possible to support the defense?", "Tell us why you want to become an investigator", and "Do you feel comfortable in a certain scenario where you have to gather information from the victim and the victim is in the hospital crying, being violent, etc?" They did not ask me questions regarding my strengths, weaknesses or the passions I have for this type of work. As far as being hired, I am still waiting for a response or the status of the position. Overall, I did come across a positive environment and a very impressive professional setting -- taking into account that the building is located in the not so "well-to-do" south Bronx.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with using a camera and using your language skills to gather information form witnesses or suspects?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you can contribute a robust investigation of any case given to you?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Interview

Meet with 4 people at once. They are all very friendly and conversation flows easily. They ask a rang of questions about your background, interest in the position, why criminal defense, etc. They ask if you are comfortable working with people accused of crimes, such as rape.

Interview Questions

• They test your Spanish on the spot with a native spanish speaker.   Answer Question