Brooklyn Botanic Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brooklyn Botanic Garden

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Many people in the room, gardeners and management. All very friendly but a bit intense. Each asked general questions about me, then some plant related questions as well. Nothing too difficult. There was a pre-interview briefing which was helpful, then a long wait and the meeting itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What is your favorite garden in the institution?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly, was quick to make me feel comfortable and not too nervous about the interview. Staff overall were friendly, even those we just met on the way to the office. Got free access to the garden when it was over!

Horticulture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview started out as a group interview with 4 other candidates, the Director of Horticulture. The Director then interviewed us individually in his office. For my individual interview, the curator that I was interested in working with was also present.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan to stay in the city or move elsewhere after the internship?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Northampton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a quick interview over the phone. Friendly voices that did not intimidate. There was the usual cover letter and resume in addition to two lesson plan samples. They sounded interested in the lesson plan and wanted to know more about it. They were also willing to conduct over the hone interviews. This is good since most college students are still in school during April and may not be able to go to New York.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions like describe a problem you once faced and how you over came it? How did you come up with your lesson plan?   Answer Question