Broward County Sheriff - Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broward County Sheriff - Florida Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broward County Sheriff - Florida

Mobile Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broward County Sheriff - Florida.

Interview

I was send an email to respond to come into an interview. It was a panel interview with 3 people plus an officer. Don't know why the officer was there. Each took turns asking me different questions. It was a very difficult interview didn't seem like anyone was responding to anything I had to say. Felt like I was being interrogated.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broward County Sheriff - Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with some basic LINQ questions. Then they tried to arrange a Go2Meeting and after not being able to figure that out, went with join.me. They had me do some basic Razor stuff, but the Control key didn't work (copy-paste, razor syntax with '@'). The latency on the mouse movements was awful and they were using VS 2010!? The entire project was just one large'ish project in one solution; no separation of concerns, SOLID-concepts, unit tests, or n-tier/Agile development best practices. Luckily I didn't have to drive there b/c I would have laughed my way out into handcuffs.

Interview Questions

• 1. Give us an example of an expression tree in LINQ.
      2. Write a calendar control using ASP.NET MVC + Razor -- already had jQueryUI in the solution.
      1 Answer

They clearly had no lead developer or architect enforcing any sort of best practices or the ability to use MVC in general. They hired several contractors to make one large project instead of focusing on OO design, best practices, and basic design patterns.

Court Bailiff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Broward County Sheriff - Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

There is an application process. You may have to take a psychological test depending on position. There is a background check. There is a panel interview. It is not a difficult process. After you submit to all of the requirements you then just have to wait to be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been responsible for a large group of people? In the court setting you are responsible for the flow and safety of the courtroom. This includes the in custody inmates, people in the galley, the judge, etc   Answer Question

Communications Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Broward County Sheriff - Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

In the beginning, you are asked to take a computer test that can take up to 2hrs to complete. The test is a mock 911-operator test but the voices there are not of real callers--very computer based. There's nothing you can do to prepare for this test. Just go in full-fledged and do the best you can.

The next part after this is your panel interview. Yes, the panel means for than 1 person interviewing. Don't be nervous. Answer the question the panel are asking you. It's simple. But, keep in mind if you don't do well here, this may be the last straw. If you concentrate and answer the questions they are asking you (and not the questions you think they are asking you) you'll do fine.

The next part after this is your psychological. They do an extensive search to see if you're fit for this position. It's not to see if you're crazy or not (lol).

Then there's your background check. Make sure your credit is good and you're not delinquent by too much money. You can become disqualified if you owe too much money (doesn't include medical expenses nor does it include student loans).

Your final step should be your Medical Evaluation and Drug Test. If you have done any drugs in the past year, count yourself disqualified. You need to be clean in order to fulfill this position.

As you see, I am not going into detail about the test, interview, or the other fore mentioned requirements. You must be genuine and pass this all on your own. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. You can only pass these prerequisites if your are genuinely yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. This is a real county government job. You must be willing to sacrifice 3 months for training once you are hired. And these month are potentially without pay. You must not be enrolled in school. You must also not be working during your training hours. I'm sorry, but it's the hard cold truth. These classes are like two college courses combined into one and you must be ready.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broward County Sheriff - Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Interviewed in front of three of their legal counsel. Each took turns speaking and asking me direct questions about the line of work I would be hired to do.Also they asked to give them a ballpark figure of the number of current litigation files I was handling at the time. I felt like I was being interrogated in that small room in front of these tense women.