Butler Shine Stern and Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Butler Shine Stern and Partners

Sort:

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Butler Shine Stern and Partners (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

This interview started out with two phone interviews. There were two positions that I was interested in...the AMP being the senior of the two. Although I was concerned about my experience level for the role, the HR rep advised me to apply for this one over the more entry level one...so I did.

I was told that I would be interviewing with about 4 different people coming from a variety of levels within the company. The interview seemed to go really well! All incredibly nice and knowledgable people.

After 2 hours I was asked if I would be able to stay a little longer to meet with a few more people within the department. I obviously agreed and had pleasant conversations with two other ladies who seemed excited to meet with me as much as I was to meet with them.

After 3.5 hours I left feeling good about the interview and the relationships I seemed to form with the people I just met with. I sent out thank you notes to all 6 people that I spoke with. After a few days I reached out to the HR rep that I had originally spoke with and she assured me it would be about a week.

I followed up several times after the previously determined timeframe had passed, inquiring about any decisions that had been made regarding the job. I finally received a response claiming that "I did not have enough experience," a common excuse.

This was understandable however was frustrating given I was advised to apply for this job over the more junior role. I suppose the moral of the story is...trust your gut.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was one of the most creative projects you ever did?
      2. How does your skill set match the job responsibilities?
      3. What kind of music do you like?   Answer Question

Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Butler Shine Stern and Partners (Sausalito, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

The office was well organized and the people were wonderful! The interview process at BSSP is very positive and I feel candidates are able to really understand the company's culture and workflow through one visit. I applied via the corporate website and was greeting first by a top-notch HR representative who guided me through the interview process which consisted of a 1-day marathon session in which I met with many different team members of varied level and department responsibility. The employees stressed the importance of the agency's independence and start-up feel which was totally evident through their laid-back dress code and modern office surroundings. Overall, they agency is independent-minded and you should be too! Stress your interest in creativity and exploring new ways to approach traditional advertising!

Interview Questions

• Why would you chose an independent boutique ad agency like BSSP over a more traditional advertising agency?   Answer Question

I recieved a great counter-offer from my current employer.

Account Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Butler Shine Stern and Partners (Sausalito, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

BSSP is one of those agencies you walk into and you instantly go into observation mode. There is so much to see here. From their fantastic view of the marina, to the people (who all look happy to work there), to the fun work space, BSSP is a lot to take in.
    The interview process is pretty brutal. After you have a phone interview, you go in for the group interview. Like the previous poster said, it essentially is a marathon interview. I had about 5 different people individually interview me, so I felt like a broken record at times when I had to restate what my experience was for the fourth time.
    Overall, the people were very friendly and had great questions as well as insight. They are highly selective, so brush up on your answers!

Interview Questions

• If you could choose another agency to work at in the SF area, which one would you choose and why?   Answer Question