CAL Fire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CAL Fire

2.8

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Sacramento, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The Interview process went really smoothly. It was not technical at all. When I first got there they had me answer a few question on a word document. Question such as, When was a time you have to problem solve in a situation and how was the outcome? Simple situational questions. When it came to the interview, I was interviewed by 2 people, whom were really friendly and asked me both personal questions like, What makes you fit for this job? and situational questions/

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for this job?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CAL Fire.

Interview

Scheduled an in-person interview about a week after I got a call from them. Booked nonrefundable bus tickets because I am not from Sacramento. Received a confirmation e-mail few days before interview date and then received A LAST MINUTE CANCELLATION without any explanation. Confirmation e-mail had a dating mistake as well. Incredibly disappointed by Cal Fire's unprofessionalism.

Seasonal Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Redding, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth and easy. I was nervous, but they made it a little easier on my by making the process smooth. Everyone was very professional and helpful. I think overall it was a 5 star interview.

Firefighter/EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Tracy, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was the first time they started the new template. My experience was going to one unit & only having one interview with 3 members of the department. The interview is 20 mins

Interview Questions

• What are the duties of a firefighter 1   1 Answer

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Made it to two interviews. The first was a 7-minute presentation, second was personality assessment. For the presentation, you can go over the time limit. However, you may not be under five minutes. It was comfortable, overall. Dress is business casual, and they work in pairs to interview you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond the scope of your position to resolve an issue.   Answer Question

GISSoftware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Osos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Los Osos, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Cal Poly for the software/sysadmin position. They called me the next day to set up the Interview. Usually there are two managers to interview you, but only one showed up for me. It was really relaxed and a only took half an hour. It was all behavior questions, nothing technical. As a student without a lot of industry experience, I felt like I didn't qualify for the position. But all he wanted to hear was that I was willing to learn and research to fix problems and come up with solutions. I didn't even finish answering before he gave me an offer.

Engineer/Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

All based on scenarios. No questions about your resume or experience. Very objective based interview. They just want to see how you handle fire and medical emergencies. Usually 3 people on the panel.

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Riverside, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Rate your self app , then resume review, the interview

Interview Questions

• All questions asked are all over the place in every unit in the state… start guessing id the best place to start   Answer Question

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Susanville, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

PFT and FFT, healthy dental and physical capabilities

Interview Questions

• 10 standard fire fighting orders and 18 watch out situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

location

Firefighter I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAL Fire (Redding, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The process is highly formal. The interview consists of five to seven questions that cover basic knowledge of the fire service, common sense, and how to deal with interpersonal conflicts in the workplace. Every candidate is asked the same questions and the interviewers do not usually deviate from them or ask follow up questions. The key to the process is to look appropriately dressed and groomed, give answers with confidence, and come off as if you belong in the firehouse. The answer to the particular questions are secondary to this.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it? What was the ultimate resolution to the situation?   Answer Question