CNA Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2016

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at CNA Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an informal face to face interview at a job fair. I was asked to upload a resume a week before the fair. Then they selected few candidates for 1:1 interview. The interviewer made it very casual so I wasn't nervous at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied though my university. The interview consisted of an initial phone screen which was a discussion with a research analyst in the field. He was very friendly and helpful. Though it took three months after that to schedule a face to face interview, which consisted of a talk hour and a half talk with much emphasis on you being able to explain your PhD work to someone outside your field. After which there were several one on one meetings with various team leaders and a vice president. Though the interview and staff was good, what really made my experience negative was the time it took for them to make the decision. It took three months to set up an interview and six weeks for them to make a decision after the interview especially. CNA really needs to be more deceive with their hiring decisions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was interesting. I interviewed with five employees over a period of 2 1/2 - 3 hours. It was very informative and relaxing. Instead of asking me a lot of questions, I was given an overall run down on the position from the perspective of five individuals. I think this process is great, because it allows for you to get somewhat of a 360 view on the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What would make me a good fit for this position?
      Please describe a normal business day?
      Do you work well under pressure?
      Are you familiar with CNA?
      What are you looking for in your next position?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Invited to in-person interview in Arlington based on 1:1 interview at career fair and application package. In-person interview consisted of 75 minute presentation given to 3-4 staff members start the day, then series of 1:1 interviews with various staff members.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNA Corporation.

Interview

Was first greeted in the lobby by an HR representative then met and interviewed with a variety of different managers. Nothing was too intense or nerve-wrecking because the interviewers that I had all seemed like genuinely nice people, which relaxed me. The entire process lasted about 3-4 hours.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CNA Corporation.

Interview

I first had an in-person interview with a senior CNA research analyst during a career fair on campus while I was still in grad school. This is followed by a day-long interview at the company HQ starting with a presentation of my Ph.D. dissertation research to 2-3 staff analysts (the presentation should tell a clear story of what the research questions are and how they were addressed with rigorous original analysis). Lunch with another analyst followed by three one-on-one interviews with Research Team Leaders. Hiring decision was made relatively quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your analytical contribution to solve the research questions?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CNA Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted soon after. The overall hiring process was very slow-about 3 months. The interview was a full day event where I interviewed with three different divisions (not necessarily having anything to do with actual position applied for). Interviews were one on one with research team leaders and one vice president. I gave a seminar presentation (1 hour).

Interview Questions

• Can you work on teams? Do you know data-mining? Are you interested in the field program?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Took about 3 months. HR was awful, they kept spelling my name wrong, even the HR person who interviewed me didn't seem happy about the company (soon after I started she had left anyway). Had a day long interview where I spoke with multiple people and gave a job talk on my graduate school research. A very rude person in the room asked who recruited me after my talk was done. Took a very long time after the interview to get the final offer approved.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. standard behavioral type questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Senior Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. The process was fine and I liked interviewing with the research staff. The only issue is that the process took a really long time. I submitted an online application in May or June and it took them 2 months to get in touch with me. I'd totally forgotten about the company and that I had applied for a position there.

Interview Questions

• They just asked general questions - why CNA, how my experience would contribute to their work, what my background and skill set was, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNA Corporation (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

From start to end (no offer) the process took about 3 months. The HR person handling my case was not very cooperative and not really professional. He would only reply to emails when he wanted to. After sending all the required documents HR asked for, and they were a lot, I got an email from the same HR person about starting the process from scratch. After I contacted him explaining that we had been through this already he didn't know what he was doing and asked me to reapply anyways. Didn't seem to really know what was going on. Finally I was invited to a full-day interview which followed the style of interviews at research universities. Several 1-on-1 interviews and a presentation. Everybody there was nice, except for the HR person who was really full of himself. I really laughed when he told me that although I have a PhD he will never call me a doctor unless I had a MD degree. He was intimidating and out of line. Another way CNA showed how unprofessional they can be, the future boss never showed up to my presentation although he was in the office next door. He showed up for the lunch and that was it. This is when I decided that I probably don't work there anyways.