CNRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.7

Technology Development Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNRS (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

i had long interview with the mentor. it went over 3 hours or so and we discussed science seriously. it was a great interview and i felt that they were serious about it

Interview Questions

• there was a lot of conversation/question about the content of project that i was to carry at wyss   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CNRS.

Interview

Applied against online advert. I had a phone interview after 1.5 month with the panel of 3. Questions were to test your knowledge that you mentioned on a CV. People were nice and helpful. Overall, the process was pleasant. I received decision within 1 week after phone interview. Then Paperwork, visa, and moving took another 2 month (so 4 months from initial contact).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard saleries

Post Doctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toulouse (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CNRS (Toulouse (France)) in September 2015.

Interview

brief interview on the phone, and then we arrange a meeting face to face whith a supervisor. I first presented my previous experiences and we followed with an interview where most of the question were about science. No real tricky question.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join us?
      what scientific technic skills do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CNRS.

Interview

For determined employment contract, the recruitment is informal. I have applied by email and next moved into the laboratory to meet the research director and the team. I have explained why I would like to work with them, explained my PhD and master research projects and the alignement with their research projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negociation phase.

Interview

Simple process. I prepared an application with resume and a detailed research project. After this first step I have been interviewed. The interview was about my past research experiences and my future research projects.

Post Doctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CNRS (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online called for an Skype interview. Then asked to present the research in front of researchers Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect during the hiring process.

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grenoble (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CNRS (Grenoble (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

I heard about the position through my PhD supervisor and applied directly to the Group leader via email. It took less than a week to get reply and the interview was held over Skype.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions relating to future plans, PhD project and general reasons for choosing that particular lab.   1 Answer

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNRS.

Interview

Initial contact taken by email with the researcher I was interested to work with; he was very friendly, and I got the position immediately. No tricky questions, we only discussed our respective research interests and my future ambitions.

Postdoctoral CNRS Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CNRS in April 2009.

Interview

You need to file a relevant publication list, a set of credential letters and be able
    to publicly present your previous research work.

Interview Questions

• You are being asked for your research result and orientations. If the position you are
      trying to get is concerned by different issues than those of your former field, your interviewer might try to check how fast you can make this new field of research yours.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CNRS.

Interview

Réponse à une offre parue sur un site.
    Rencontre au laboratoire des encadrants de la these et visite du laboratoire. J'ai du préparer une présentation pour l'entretien et présenter devant un jury composé de 6 personnes. Réponse positive après quelques jours.