COMSYS IT Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

COMSYS IT Partners Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was brief, focusing on my actual skills, and availability to fill the position. The second interview was a technical interview, conducted by the team I was to work with.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was one to try and see if I was an original critical thinker. Many employers are wanting to know if you are traditional in your job approach or if you are an independent thinker that will step outside the norm.

Interview Questions

• What would you say distinguishes you in cold calling.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical headhunting firm, nothing special. You apply online. Someone contacts you. They then don't bother to follow up. If you don't mind being handed off from one person to the next, and not worried about the recruiter actually calling you back then you won't be in for any surprises. There is a reason they are now called Experis, so that these reviews don't follow them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

I was informed about a suitable contract position by the account manager who had previously placed me in a PM role. We agreed on the rate. I was submitted to the vendor. Four days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with 4-5 staff workers. 4-5 days after that, I was told that I had the position. We agreed on the rate and start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle constantly changing software development requirements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Somerset, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

A COMSYS recruiter called me in order to backfill a spot where one of their consultants screwed up and was removed at the client's request. They wanted me to take multiple online skills tests and present myself at their offices for multiple face to face interviews. In return, they would be gracious enough to pay me 40% of their billing rate should the client agree to hire me. Needless to say, I've programmed my phones to block any further calls from their offices.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work for X dollars per hour (peanuts) , take several online skills tests, and make a "couple" of trips to our offices to meet with us before we consider submitting you to the client?   1 Answer

Lowball rate.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Seattle, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

It is a short-term contract position, so I only interviewed with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an algorithm to find the index of a pattern's first occurrence in a specified string. The pattern is also a string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Houston, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Like me, there are too many good professional IT analysts out of work, so with this interviewmainly to see if there was going to be a personality conflict. It was a very professional interview, never demeaning in any way (like in NYC). In the end, the person who best entertained the interviewer for 2 hours without gettig lethargic won.

Interview Questions

• That is precisely the challenge: that nothing was new or particularly difficult about the interview.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners (Dallas, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

There was an opening for a contract to hire engagement at a local Fortune 100 company which match my profile and expectations. The recruited was very proactive in expediting the hiring process and set up phone as well as onsite interviews within a week. The decision was taken promptly by the client and rest of the formalities followed suit. Very satisfied with this engagement.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was a perfect match and ended up as a win-win situation for both parties.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners in December 2010.

Interview

Interview occred in 3 rounds, first with the recruiter, then with a subject matter expert and last with an Enterprise Architect at the client company. It was an intensive interview process and was re-scheduled multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Explaion the use of a Metastorm ProVision in the context of a particular project. Why would you use certain modelers over others   Answer Question
    • Explain how Business process Management was done in a certain way in your previous organization and why certain decisions were made and how did those decisions impact the project and operations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was hard and prolonged. I was able to get my rate up. My advise is that you should have a few offers in hand, then you are in a better position to negotiate.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at COMSYS IT Partners in March 2010.

Interview

It was great process.

Interview Questions

• What dont like about testing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rate was set at the begining