CalPortland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.8

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalPortland (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic behavior questions and type of work you would be interested in learning. The interview process involved meeting with the HR representative at the site and the hiring manager. The interview took no more than an hour. Both people were very polite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a difficult employee? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalPortland in October 2014.

Interview

Very informal and pleasant. They take you around and show you the process (plant). They explain what you might be doing from day to day and what some of the challenges are.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CalPortland (Glendora, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Not difficult at all. Just a simple meeting to get to know you and your experience and your work ethics. They go over what the company is all about, what the company does, their work values, and etc. They may ask simple questions like whats a VFD, how does it work, whats the difference in a AC and a DC motor and etc. Really basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not really negotiate. I had nothing to negotiate with so i didnt bother

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CalPortland (Glendora, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Seemed normal until they wanted you to take this odd test. A psychological evaluation. As it turns out they are the ones who need the psychological evaluation.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? What? What a stupid question.   1 Answer

Director Finance Planning Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalPortland (Glendora, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The flew me in, hotel reservation. Then a Day and a half interview process with VP Strategic Planning, CAO, CFO, VP CEMENT, VP Materials, CIO, VP HR, and the CEO

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to CalPortland?
      Why do you want to leave your previous Company?   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CalPortland (Mojave, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

5 person panel
    About 30 minutes .
    Questions from different departments
    What kind of experience do you have.
    Are you willing to get dirty.
    What shift do you want to work.
    Can you work evenings and holidays and weekends
    What is your Emre as on to want to work here

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

When can I start

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CalPortland (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was with the Operations Manager and Regional President. Both were very non confrontational. The interview was natural with topics ranging from past experiences that would qualify me for the position as well as questions that enabled them to decide if I was a cultural fit. Only the one interview was conducted. No follow-up interviews.

Benefits Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CalPortland in March 2008.

Interview

I had a telephone interview first; then a face to face. They tend to hire before they fire, so my interview was a secret and I had to come in after hours. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

• did I have any experience with the Cement industry   1 Answer