Carmichael Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carmichael Lynch Interview Questions

Interviews at Carmichael Lynch

2.7

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch.

Interview

Unprofessional to say the least. The interview was a round table so it was really four interviews with 4 different people. Each interview was very casual. Casual to the point of using curse words in conversation, which I found a bit unprofessional. After I was told I would hear back in a week with next steps. After hearing nothing after a week and a half I reach out and was assured that I was still in the running and that they were working on the next steps. I did not hear anything from them after that. Highly unprofessional.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch.

Interview

Very quick turn around from the interview offer, expected day to interview and then offer decisions. Felt very impersonal and the questions were generic. The panel of people asking questions did not seem very interested in getting to know me beyond what my skills were.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to move to Minneapolis and why work for Carmichael Lynch   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Was contacted via email to interview. Met with three members of the team and asked a series of questions. Interview was pretty relaxed and casual. Two weeks later I came in for a final interview with the team director and was offered the position that day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process at first started great. I came in for an interview quickly after my writing exam, and though my meetings went well. Sent out thank you's same day. I NEVER HEARD BACK. Not even an email, phone call--I would have appreciated even a generic HR "position has been closed" email at that point. I sent follow-up emails asking for feedback, and all of my attempts at communication were ignored. I don't know why anyone would want to work for a company with a lack of decency for their applicants. I truly can say this is an awful company I feel sorry for the employees currently working there. For a PR company (whose specialization should be communication)... you have a lot of work to do.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

A series of 3 or 4 phone calls with senior management. It was really easy. They were flexible with my current employer. Writing test was also mandatory, but was pretty simple.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I actually had a few interviews as well as regular correspondence with their hiring manager. I was told that I was a runner-up to a position that they filled and to re-apply and they'd love to take me on once they had more room. Then a position opened up and I interviewed. I sent a thank you and multiple follow-up e-mails. I never heard back once. It was unbelievably frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview. Asked for background on job history and situation you have overcome etc.   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple and Fun. It was more about who I was and what I liked to do. I originally met with their creative recruiter and we just talked about the company and what kind of work they do. Then I was asked back to meet the design director and senior designer. Directly after I met them I was asked for my salary requirements, and they sent me an offer the next day.

It was a very stress free process which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

Interview

I came in as a teacher, therefore it took several interviews and about 2 years before it worked out with the school year and CL.

Interview Questions

• What experience and personal characteristics would you bring to the job that would benefit CL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate as I had no experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people, 2 at a time. They were very informal, and some of the workers talked about the parties the agency has on the rooftop. The last round was very difficult. They gave you data to look at, which I had no experience in analyzing. The interviewers gave no explanation and said "here, tell us what you see." I knew this job wasn't for me during the first 5 minutes, but I still have great respect for the agency.

Interview Questions

• "You have two egg timers, one is set at 5 minutes and the other is set at 3 minutes. How would you get them to go off at the same time?"   1 Answer

Brand Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online answering several position-based questions, then got the opportunity for 2 rounds of interviews. First interview was based on a list of questions prepared by the team. Second round interview with department directors was more about skill set and problem-solving abilities as well as personal specialties.