Carnegie Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carnegie Foundation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carnegie Foundation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Foundation (Stanford, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview which last about 30 minutes a week later. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. I didn't end up getting a second interview but I would apply again in the future.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnegie Foundation (Stanford, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

4,interviews: 1 phone with HR, 1 on 1 with a woman I'd be working closely with, a group interview with other support staff, 1 with 2 Senior staff members and then the person I'd be supporting

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Foundation in May 2018.

Interview

First round is with current fellows, second round is with the specific team you applied for (i.e. analytics, project management/program support, etc.), and third round is with a higher up. The application required all pretty standard components to a fellowship/grad school program (i.e. personal statement, references, transcript).

Overall got a hierarchical feel after my second interview. It's hard to say how much input you would get to offer at the organization, despite the small size. It seemed as though the role required fellows to carry out the agenda already planned for versus developing your own interests to take on your own projects as a post-baccalaureate fellow. Ultimately was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Carnegie?   Answer Question
    • What are you hoping to get out of this experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a time you took a leadership role? Can you also tell us about a time where you took more of a "back seat" role?   Answer Question
    • Are you OK with administrative tasks (i.e. filling and making copies)?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Foundation.

Interview

Standard 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter, followed by one hour interview in person with team and hiring manager, panel style. Waited two weeks for next steps and to hear back.

Associate, Learning Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Foundation (Stanford, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview on Zoom, Full day interview at the foundation. The staff were friendly, intelligent, mission centered and felt family oriented. There was a high degree of interest in interpersonal communication and professionalism.