Carowinds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went in for a pre-screen 2 days after I submitted my application. It took a while to get it done since there was a lot of people. After the pre-screen, I had my interview done the same day. After that, I waited a bit more and I got a job offer and then I went home.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carowinds in September 2009.

Interview

The interview process is very simple and stress free. You can either apply online or at the facilities and it takes less than 20 minutes. They were quick in responding to the application and fit me in the very next day for an interview. The same day I went out and did a drug test for the job and they are not very picky in who they higher.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work a 10 hour shift as neccessary? instead of "if" necessary   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very quick and did not budge from their offer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was a lengthy process. After waiting to be called for screening, I entered a small room with one interviewer to perform a 5 minute screening. After that, I had to wait another 30 minutes or so to go into the next building to actually perform my interview. I was surrounded by other potential employees. As we all sat in the room and conversed with one another, a different interviewer chose us one by one to finish the interview process. After a nice conversation with the interviewer, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something you really didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy but it is very inconvenient if you live far from Carowinds to continuously keep driving back and forth to bring papers back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you seen someone doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carowinds in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 2 and a half weeks later for and interview. I went in for an interview, there I had to fill out some paperwork then I was pre-screened. After, I had the actual interview. The interview went well, at the end the interviewer told me he could offer me a position and I had to fill out more paperwork. I accepted the offer online.

Interview Questions

• How do you take criticism? Give an example of a time you were criticized.   Answer Question

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview took several hours. Was originally supposed to be a single interview, ended up being a 5 hour process. They were very crowded and busy, and would interview several people at once.One interviewer announced to group that the interview is just for paperwork, everyone who applies gets a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carowinds in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for an interview. I ended up taking 2 separate interviews on different days. Most of the interview process involved asking questions like, "Describe a time when you ____," or "What would you do if _____." The questions ranged in difficulty, and the whole process seemed rather intense for a summer/seasonal job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service, or went above and beyond your job description.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, I was offered a job at a specific pay rate & I accepted. I really got the feeling that if I had asked for more they would have declined.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

First, you do the general interview. This is with one person. They ask the scenario questions. Then if you get a call back, you are interviewed by managers of the department you applied for. The managers will describe what the job is like and ask when you will be able to start. They ask you why you decided to apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you witnessed someone doing something inappropriate. What did you do about the situation?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic for associates. You come in for your interview and then a few weeks later they call you back with an offer or not. The paperwork is going to be the most. That was SOOOOO aggy!

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carowinds (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The hiring process is similar to cattle calls but effective. They accept many rehires as long as you left the prior season in good standing. It is best to apply online first and then go in to Employment office. It will help speed up the process for you. Pre decide what depts are your first three choices and list them in preference order on your application.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are the typical what would you do in this situation. They look for integrity and honesty in an associate. If you are a student and this is your first job some scenario questions may be difficult to relate to but just use a scenario during your academic experience to relate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My first season as a culinary graduate I had to accept the current salary and prove my worth for an advance. The following season I had proven my value to their goals and a significant increase was feasible. It made the first season worth the effort.