Carter Lumber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carter Lumber

2.4

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. Did some research online to find out basic organizational information on the company. I also found out more about the different products and services that the company offered. I talked to two different people ( one was a vendor rep. and one was a customer of the company) to find out more about the local branch manager and the other people that work there.
    There was only the one interview. They hinted around the compensation but did not make a sound offer.
    I don't think they are ready to commit to anyone because the industry is still so weak. Do not expect any type of reasonable salary or even a forgivable draw. They were only willing to go 90 days on a forgivable draw.
    The manager was nice but some of the other employees did seem to be very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to get into the business?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Georgetown, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

it was laid back not really what i expected from an employer kinda to laid back

Interview Questions

• what i expected from them as an employer   1 Answer

did not offer enough worth the drive

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Akron, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Meet and greet type interview. They value the content of your character more than your work experience which is a good quality i believe. I enjoyed my time interviewing with them and they really make sure you're comfortable. Just didn't seem like the right fit just yet.

Interview Questions

• Would you leave your current job for any job, or only for the right job?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Kent, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very typical. There were two interviewers, and they asked various questions about my experience, technological abilities, and work history. Overall the interviewers were approachable, nice, and easy to talk to.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Mason, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Quickly simple questions not tough or anxiety it's really quickly then you get drug test and processing your application will call you in a week or 2 weeks not much longer but you need prepare do this job.

Interview Questions

• Can you measure tape and using hammer all the day?
      Can you stand all the day?
      Can you handle weather condition at work cold or hot?
      What is your worth to this company stand for?   1 Answer

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Toledo, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

I had to learn their design system and sell, and order, and set up delivery and project manager. The interview was fine but they expected that I bring work in as well.

Interview Questions

• who did I know for business contacts   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Millbury, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Just a basic sit down with safety director. He asked for years of experience & questions about driving record. Very quick and simple process that took about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been driving? Questions about previous employers & questions about driving record. He asked me how much did I expect to make and if I could work overtime.   Answer Question

Non-CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Powder Springs, Cobb, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy going yet progressive and to the point. Went in gave 3 year mvr and went to look at equipment. Got offered a job filled out some papers and then went to labcorp for the urine test. Also I will note that the equipment is brand new everything from the trucks I will be operating to the fork lifts in the yard. Seems like it's going to be a nice job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about driving history and equipment I've operated   1 Answer

Truss Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linwood, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Linwood, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick and direct with company manager. A few questions followed by a tour. The manager was very professional, and so was his staff. I am very pleased to have recieved and interview and job from this company.

Yard Guy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carter Lumber (Butler, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

new employees from past jobs, interview was with the store manager

Interview Questions

• do you mind working long hours   1 Answer