Castle Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Castle Marketing Interview Questions

1.6

Marketing Interview

Interview

The office is really small and almost empty. When I got there, first I was asked to fill in a table with a Ipad. Then they asked me in a another room and begin the first interview. Actually, the lady who interviewed me keep talking about the company and how great job they did. The question she asked just like, when you can start work?

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Castle Marketing in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewer asked four questions. They all seemed fairly irrelevant, like he didn't have much experience. His attire seemed messy and he was more nervous than I was. Found something fishy with the company and the way they describe their work and business. Seems like they are trying to hide something.

Project Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Castle Marketing (Woburn, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Asking me questions and talking about their company, works, shaking his chair most of the time. The attitude felt very strange, he seemed to know I'm not the guy he is looking for but had to go through the process.
    Basically they have nothing to do with project management. That job title is so misleading.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Castle Marketing.

Interview

I had applied for and Event Coordinator position at this company only to find its an Entry Level Management position and in my passed experience that means door to door sales and commission only. When I called to arrange an interview I made sure to ask if it was in fact NOT door to door. The girl on the phone was seemingly unaware but assured me it was in house. So I obliged. Silly me. Upon arriving at the business park that office is at and make my entrance I notice that I was shafted. Fool me once. Filling out the form that she asked me to took longer than the actual interview. My conformation email told me to 'dress in a professional manner', though the 2 employees that I saw were more a business casual; working at the mall attire. Once meeting the manager (who was dressed in an oversized dress shirt and look very unprofessional) I already knew I didn't want the job.
    The interview took a whole 5 minutes. He made his speech about what his company does, something that was rehearsed too many times. He went through it so fast I couldn't keep up. He didn't ask if I had questions about anything. He just told me about the company, that he was wanting to wrap up hiring (which they always say), that he was hiring for Entry Level Manager, and that he would like to invite me back for a second interview the next day. I had no time to ask about the event coordinator job, which I realized didn't exist. I kindly told him that I would have to get back to him about coming back the next morning at 9am for an hour to go over the benefits, etc. He looked at me in shock and asked, "what? you don't know your plans for tomorrow?" as if to say you're unemployed what else could you possibly be doing?
    Basically, If they guy was a little more convincing than his pre-rehearsed speech about the job and seemed like he enjoyed himself then maybe I would of considered going the next day. You're a marketing company. Maybe market it.

Interview Questions

• Typical Question on ranking Growth, Income, and Fun Environment.   Answer Question

They seem to hire any and everyone. No offense. I'm sure it would of been good experience. But the selling of the company was done poorly. The office space was equally uninviting. Just not for me.

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castle Marketing (Woburn, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

I read some other reviews and figured it would be good to get some background from them before I went in for an interview. I asked a few questions such as how would compensation be handled, hourly, salary? And if the job would be mostly in an office setting or field work. The HR person got back to me a day later to postpone the interview and said the manager had had a family emergency. Never addressed any of my questions.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Interview

Initial communications came in the form of a phone call, within 24 hours of me submitting my application. The company sounded a bit vague over the phone, but this was confirmed when I visited their office, which looked like it had been thrown together in an empty office space within a day. It felt like a scheme. The interview was vague, and most of the questions I asked about, concerning hours or compensation, were met with questions to me, like how hard was I willing to work for commission. I asked about the weight of commission vs. draw, and was met with the same answer. Sorry, but if you can't answer standard questions about compensation, your office is inconveniently located, and we play phone tag for three weeks befor ethe interview is finally scheduled, I'm passing on the offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Castle Marketing (Woburn, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

They will ask you to sit with you and try to see how confident you are. If you really want this job, well I have good news for you, they will hire you. First interview is about coming in and showing confidence. You want to show them how you're willing to learn and be a leader. Second interview is about going to a random person's house. Trying to set up an appointment for either their windows or roof. They want to see you communicate with the people.
    Note: The will go through only one house, and if they say no, they will not take you to another house. They want to do that, so you would think scheduling an appointment with people is how you would make money, NOT TRUE. They want to bring in as many people in the office as possible, that's how the CEO makes money.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They try and take advantage of your unemployment status.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Castle Marketing (Woburn, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy and a scam. they dont ask you any real questions just things to make it seem legit. However it is far from that at all! They scam you in every aspect and pay only commision! dont recommend dont go do it! i swear its not worth it! not one bit!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Interview

I replied to an ad I found on CraigsList for an Administrative Assistant position for Castle Marketing. As with any job, I searched for this company’s website and found it to be very simple but not horrible (I lack experience in analyzing websites). I decided to forward my resume to the company and got a very generic email from the “HR” department the next day (Saturday) saying that I was eligible for at least one of their positions and asked an interview and stating they were “available any time.” Sent an email back. No response. Then Monday morning came and I get at call around 8AM from a TEXAS number. Castle marketing is located in Woburn which has a 781 area code. I decided to look past this. I scheduled an interview for the next day with the woman on the phone who called again the next morning to make sure I received the confirmation email and I was all set for the interview.

I go to the Cummings Plaza (which seems to house a bunch of bogus companies FYI), and they make me fill out a very simple application. They made me wait 15-20 minutes past my interview start time. Once they take me in, I scan the office quickly and notice that it doesn’t look like anyone really works there. The office that I interviewed in had one of those giant pen holders that was pretty much empty, no computer, a few random office supplies, basically a big room with a desk and a couple of chairs. I shake hands with the interviewer and this other man whom he titled, “compliance manager.” The entire time this “compliance manager” stood at the window, said nothing and stared at me while I was interviewing (a real creep if you ask me).

We start the “interview” and it begins with the main guy saying “they have 150-200 applicants, only 14-15 are going to get offered a second interview, and 3-4 will get hired,” They say this to make you feel special and feel inclined to take the offer. Continuing, he just starts rattling off about the company saying, “We do business with a lot of big names such as DirectTV, AT&T, have you heard of those? (no duh), but here at this branch, we focus on the smaller companies that need a bit more help. Right now we’re promoting for a company called Power House Remodel” The entire time, he talks so much so fast, it’s hard to keep up and when he asks a question here and there, I just nod and agree. So he keeps talking about Power House Remodel and what not and I decide to ask, “What are your primary methods of marketing to the consumers?” His response, “We’ll go over that in the second interview.” Right then, I knew this was a joke. Like another reviewer stated, it felt like he was trying to sell me the company instead of me trying to sell myself to work for them. He goes on a long schpeal about business, promotions, customer service, I stop and ask, “What position are you trying to fill me in for?” He says, “Well looking at your resume and from getting to know you, I think you’d be a great fit for the entry level manager position.” Me: “But I applied for an administrative assistant position.” Him: “You actually applied for both.” Okay, whatever…He continues to talk about their manager training program and I zone out. I ask a question, “Can you tell me how compensation is handled? Is it salary, hourly?” Him: “We’ll discuss that in the second interview. But I can tell you that it varies.” RED FLAG=SALES/COMMISSION BASED. He does end up telling me that the admin asst job is hourly, I didn’t to ask how much because that’s usually an interview no-no. Anyways, he asks me why I deserve a second interview and I sell myself pretty weakly to be honest and when I’m done, he says I got it. Oh yay. Wants me to come in the next day at 10AM, told him I’ll get back to you. At the end of the interview I asked, “Other than this Power House Remodel company you mentioned, what other companies do you work with?” Him: “We like to go more in depth in the second interview about the details.” -___- me: “why can’t you tell me now?” Him: “AGAIN, we will go over those things in the second interview.” At that point, I asked so many questions, he kind of snapped at me and I saw the look on his face that he was annoyed. He told me that HR would call me to set up the second interview and they probably knew I caught on and they never called me back.

Interview Questions

• Rank these 3 qualities in a job from most important to least: Income, Fun environment, Growth.   Answer Question

The interviewer would not answer my basic questions and wanted me for a job that I didn't intentionally apply for. This company is too sketchy, I don't trust it.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Castle Marketing (Woburn, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was quick and easy. I got there, the receptionist was super friendly! She made me feel comfortable right away. Then the manager was supper friendly and even made a few jokes. He even went through everything the business does and how it got started. He answered any questions I had with no problem.

Interview Questions

• I was very surprised that he asked if I played sports! The manager said that I should put it on my resume, it shows I had ability to be a team player.   Answer Question