Catalyst Online Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Headquarters that went great. Then i had in house interview. The 15 min interview was a waste of time. The questions asked where typical interview questions. No questions pertaining to skill level of capabilities. The interviewer showed no interest in me and made me feel like I was wasting his time. I felt I was asking all the questions with no interesting response. I was told "I don't over see this division. I work with the account directors that manage client relationships, this position works side by side with me".
    So not sure why I interviewed with this person.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask questions about experience. Was not interested in my experience.   Answer Question

Paid Search Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catalyst Online.

Interview

Applied for the position and got the interview within a week. The HR said I am very qualified for the position and didn't ask any qualifications regarding the job. Normal briefing of daily requirement. However, I was denied because they cannot sponsor an international student.

Paid Search Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with several different teams within all of the GroupM agencies. Each team asked different questions that were specific to their team's needs. The tone of each interview was determined by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure success for the past projects/campaigns that you were involved in?   Answer Question

Paid Search Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Newton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Stay away as far as you can!!! Never apply or give them your personal information. After the interview at the Newton office they tipped off my current employer that I was looking for a position at Catalyst. Just two days later my manager knew everything about the interview, position I applied for, and who I talked to at Catalyst. I had an awkward situation with my boss and had to explain myself. Lucky enough, I saved my current job but I learned a lot about Catalyst and people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about the experience   1 Answer

Paid Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Newton, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I learned about the job opportunity through LinkedIn and applied through there. A few days after, I got contacted by a recruiter from GroupM in NY.

At first I wasn't aware that I was interviewing for a role at Catalyst since it wasn't advertised anywhere on the LinkedIn job post. Catalyst is under GroupM's many agencies, so if you apply for a job and hear back, make sure you ask what office the job is located in.

After the initial phone screening with the recruiter, things moved quickly. A day later I was asked to come into the Catalyst office in Newton, MA(it's not based in Boston like they say) for an interview. The interview itself was easy and straight forward. I met 3 managers and spoke with them for about 30 mins each. They were all nice people.

Note on office space: it's not appealing. It's filled with tall cubicles and it's loud due to other companies on the second floor. During my interview you could hear all the foot steps and people running back and forth. It was quite disruptive. The chairs in the conference room I was interviewed, appeared to be old and damaged. Not the best first impression.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Paid Search?
      Do you know how to do VLOOK UP in Microsdot Excel?

Other questions pertained to my resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straight forward and was able to get a bit more though they pay below the industry standard.

Paid Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had an employee referral, formal process didn't start until right before graduation. The first steps included a brief phone interview about my background. About a week before my graduation, I was setup for an interview. Interviewed at the GroupM office. I was met with different teams from different sister agencies. The whole interview was supposed to take 1.5 hours but they added two more people so it ended up being 2 hours. Questions were pretty standard - they asked about my background and why I was interested in the company/media and discussed more about the role and accounts they worked on. Each interview was about 20-30 minutes long. I met with directors to associates mostly 1 on 1 but i did meet with two people for one of them. Very informal, i dressed in a full suit but some had jeans and even shorts on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in media?   1 Answer
    • How knowledgeable are you in excel?   1 Answer

Organic Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Newton, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process took less than 2 weeks, was interviewed by the Search Director and Head of Search. Questions pertain to SEO and they are specific along with skills related to the position.

Paid Search Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Newton, MA).

Interview

This was one of the most thorough interviews I have been a part of to date. Although a bit stressful as most interviews can be, you get the chance to meet various employees of the company - from different teams.

Interview Questions

• Detailed scenarios regarding how to market specific brands across different channels.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Saw job posting on LinkedIn and sent in resume
    2. HR called me the next day and we had a brief and casual conversation about my work experience, what I was looking for, and the job itself. Phone interview was set up with my (soon to be, spoiler alert) direct report for the following day.
    3. Phone interview went well; face to face interview was set up for the following day or two.
    4. Face to face interview with direct report went well, also got a chance to meet another team member.
    5. Offered the job verbally, then received the formal offer, accepted, and started two weeks after acceptance!

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included everything from technical questions about executing and managing campaigns, to behavioural scenario questions, to leadership expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple and straightforward. Very professional.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catalyst Online (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The phone screen was very casual. Interviewer was very energetic and easy to speak with which made it less stressful. It was more of a "get to know you" kind of call, lasted about 30 minutes. We just went over my resume, expectations and why I want to work at Catalyst.