Central City Concern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.9

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a couple of days to set-up a phone interview. Turnaround time was great.

The phone interview was held with three individuals over a speaker or conference line, which was difficult to make out clearly what they were saying and who exactly was speaking. Phone interviews are already a challenge since they can be so impersonal, then add a panel phone interview and it only makes it worse.

Questions were standard, almost erring on the side of too standard and general. I got the sense that they didn't read my resume nor had any specific questions to me, my background or how skills were transferrable so talking about my current roles and experience didn't seem to translate. My experience met all of their basic qualifications, but it seemed like they were looking for a much narrower skill set then they actually posted for. The position is new so maybe they should spend some time reflecting on if their job posting is recruiting the right people.

Followed up at the end of a day with a standard system message that they would not be moving forward. Honestly found it incredibly rude at that stage - it's fine to send an automated email if you aren't moving forward at all but after you talk to someone you should at least send a template from a standard email account as professional courtesy.

It's strange to hear about how welcoming of an organization it is, but I didn't get that feeling at all past the scheduling call. There was no effort to recruit on their part, nothing seemed personalized or even particularly friendly. I got the call really wanting to get the position and ended it with "meh..."

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that required you to communicate with multiple stakeholders and what form of communication worked best   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and then panel interview. It was not friendly and when i asked for a copy of the interview questions they refused. Not a food process. Questions were easy but their inability to meet a simple request was shocking. I understand the thinking behind not sharing questions to see how someone handles themself under pressure but sticking to the principal should not outweigh a potential employee who can speak up.

Interview Questions

• How would you support a superviosr who is having difficulty with an insubordinate employee they want to terminate and they had not documention.
      .   1 Answer

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Panel of Interviewers for the interviewee to respond to questions that are cookie cutter for almost every role. Which means that anyone that knows the questions prior to the interview is more likely to get the job. This is how the wrong people get the job instead of the most qualified.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with homelessness and at risk individuals.   1 Answer

Supported Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

A bit unorganized, and generic questions. Would suggest allowing panel to ask followup questions, and allow some experience based questions. Overall, it was a very good experience and very happy with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with homeless individuals?   1 Answer
    • Multiple Situational-based questions   1 Answer

Alcohol and Drug Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

This was an interview at the Eastside Concern location for the DV department. The interview started late, and it was very unorganized. There's a panel interview with 3-4 other clinicians and they take turns asking you general questions from the paper, and also improvise with random questions.

Interview Questions

• If we were to tell you that the second interview was you coming in to run a 2 hour group with DV male perpetrators, supervised, without assistance, without material, and with real clients, would you do it?   1 Answer

ACT Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager over the phone first, they spoke to me about the basics of the position and asked me briefly about my qualifications. Then, I was invited to a skype interview and spoke to the team leader and the manager. We talked for about an hour and I was able to get all of my questions answered. They were very helpful

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences working with serious mental illness? How would you handle conflict on the team? What do you know about harm reduction and the recovery movement?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central City Concern.

Interview

Applied a few days before the position recruitment date, received a phone call for an interview the following week. Interview conducted at Portland's Old Town homeless office. Only street parking available. Panel of 3 interviewers. Basic questions about operational program experience/knowledge. Panel was new to the interviewing forms and fumbled a little through the process. Overall, the interview went fairly well.

Interview Questions

• The lead interviewer asked at the end, "Please personally share whatever you want with us about yourself?"   Answer Question

ACT Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR).

Interview

Professional interview. They asked the right questions to get the right employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about psychotropic medication? Is it or is it not necessary?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professional, flexible.

Lead Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

Application, resume and cover letter.
    Interview
    Second interview (maybe)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following situation?
      A client has relapsed and is moving out of his ADFC housing. The client is not interested in returining to treatment, stating that he/she has completed numerous treatment programs without success, the PO wants the client to return to treatment.   1 Answer

Case Manager III ICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor of the unit and another case manager. They asked me questions back and forth.

Some that I can remember "define recovery" "what is your exposure to ACT" "what is your view of psychopharmacology" and "describe a time you had conflict with a supervisor or coworker and how you dealt with it"

The office was dressed casually and people were friendly. The office was primarily female however there were two men that I saw.