Cheddar (NY) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheddar (NY) Interview Questions

Interviews at Cheddar (NY)

Sort:

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

It wasn't a bad experience for the most part. I had a phone screen with the operations manager. I then came in for an in person interview, given an assignment and then came in again for another interview. For the second interview, I was given a specific day that I would hear back from them, as I was told through the previous steps of the process. When I did not hear back by the given date, I waited 3 days before I followed up. I was ignored. This was about a month ago. It's totally fine that I didn't get the job. What's extremely unprofessional is the fact that I was ghosted so far into the process, especially when correspondence was really good up until the second interview.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially there was a phone screening for 30 minutes with an operations manager. Followed by two interviews at the Cheddar offices. Unfortunately this is where the process became a negative experience. Following the in person interviews, I was left with no response for roughly 2 weeks, and finally received a canned rejection. This kind of experience sticks with a candidate to be frank.

Producer Interview

Interview

The interviewer forgot about the interview and only connected with me after I sent them an email checking in 5-10 minutes after our scheduled time. The interviewer was unprepared and felt like they were digging for gossip rather than looking to fill a position. Compared to other interviews, it was extremely disorganized. Without surprise, they never responded to a thank you email or had any follow-up on next steps or even a canned rejection letter.

Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen and came into an interview at the office, seemed like a nice place and I met with someone for about 20-30 minutes. Very nice people.

Preditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process included one round of phone interview with human resources, followed by a separate phone interview with a vice president, and finally an in-person interview with several members of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Booking Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) in October 2018.

Interview

When trying to set up an interview, I specifically told them the best days for me would be between Monday and Wednesday. The recruiter asked me if it would be possible to come in for an interview tomorrow (which happened to be Friday). I told them I could make it work and told my boss I had to run errands that morning.

The recruiter told me I would be speaking with three people at the interview. I arrived at the interview 20 minutes early and spoke with two of the managers. As I waited in the conference room for the third interview, the recruiter comes in and says the third person had just stepped out due because he had other commitments and they would follow up with a phone interview (Spoiler: that never happened).

I find it incredibly disrespectful that I took time out of my workday to do an interview and they couldn't make time to actually see the process through. That being said, it's probably a blessing in disguise because it gave me a glimpse as to how disorganized and how they would likely treat me as an employee.

Segment Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview is essentially a marathon with upper management. 20-30 minute sessions (about 5) with high-ranking executives and showrunners. Every person had a different interview style. Some stuck to their notes, while others trusted open conversation to get to know you.

Producer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. HR reached out for a phone screen, and from there I was scheduled to come in and meet members of the team. I spent about 1.5-2hrs meeting with the team leads, and following the in-persons was asked to complete an assignment from home that was due back within a couple hours of receiving. The team was responsive and transparent and I was always promptly followed up with.

Interview Questions

• Know your business news and what's happening in the news the day or week of your interview!

How do you see yourself adding value to the team? What do you see yourself contributing to be an asset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and was given two time options. I selected one, and wrote back to say which one worked for me. I never heard back from the Cheddar executive to confirm an interview time, or even conduct the interview, despite following up twice to figure out what was up. This seemed like a poor reflection of the company if even the phone screens are aren't scheduled when offered.

Interview Questions

• The interview never happened, despite being asked to give times that I would be available for the phone screen.   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Cheddar contacted me about a position. I sent my resume. I interviewed with some very nice people. They were accommodating and honest the entire time. They showed me the facility, and were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with talking to people?   1 Answer