Cheddar (NY) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheddar (NY) Interview Questions

Interviews at Cheddar (NY)

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the HR Manager and then the next day I interviewed with 3 different producers from different departments. Afterwards I waited two weeks until I received an email informing me I wasn’t selected.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process took Several phone calls, emails and an interview through Google video. I interviewed three very nice people about the position. Unfortunately had video connection issues with the manager I talked with and had to repeat my answer several times due to this issue.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Began with a quick phone screen which then led to video chats with three managers, each taking about half an hour, this was then followed by a request for two references

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY).

Interview

The process was painless! HR is super organized and transparent with the process. Everyone seemed super personable and motivated. The teams are super lean at Cheddar so it seems like everyone works very hard and has the ability to touch different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• Speak to the platforms and some of the programs you’ve worked on   Answer Question

Segment Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview is essentially a marathon with upper management. 20-30 minute sessions (about 5) with high-ranking executives and showrunners. Every person had a different interview style. Some stuck to their notes, while others trusted open conversation to get to know you.

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Cheddar contacted me about a position. I sent my resume. I interviewed with some very nice people. They were accommodating and honest the entire time. They showed me the facility, and were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with talking to people?   1 Answer

News Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I had appeared as a guest on their live show from the stock exchange a few times. They asked me to come in for an interview for a reporter position. I came in for the first interview and it went well. I waited two weeks before reaching out to check in. They then asked me to come in for a second interview, started talking salary and start date. I waited 3 weeks, no response. I waited another week, they told me they'd give it the green light soon. After another few weeks I reached out and they told me they decided to hire internally and had forgotten to let me know.

Interview Questions

• "So what's the deal?" (First interview question from CEO)   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. HR reached out for a phone screen, and from there I was scheduled to come in and meet members of the team. I spent about 1.5-2hrs meeting with the team leads, and following the in-persons was asked to complete an assignment from home that was due back within a couple hours of receiving. The team was responsive and transparent and I was always promptly followed up with.

Interview Questions

• Know your business news and what's happening in the news the day or week of your interview!

How do you see yourself adding value to the team? What do you see yourself contributing to be an asset?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and was given two time options. I selected one, and wrote back to say which one worked for me. I never heard back from the Cheddar executive to confirm an interview time, or even conduct the interview, despite following up twice to figure out what was up. This seemed like a poor reflection of the company if even the phone screens are aren't scheduled when offered.

Interview Questions

• The interview never happened, despite being asked to give times that I would be available for the phone screen.   Answer Question

Booking Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar (NY) in October 2018.

Interview

When trying to set up an interview, I specifically told them the best days for me would be between Monday and Wednesday. The recruiter asked me if it would be possible to come in for an interview tomorrow (which happened to be Friday). I told them I could make it work and told my boss I had to run errands that morning.

The recruiter told me I would be speaking with three people at the interview. I arrived at the interview 20 minutes early and spoke with two of the managers. As I waited in the conference room for the third interview, the recruiter comes in and says the third person had just stepped out due because he had other commitments and they would follow up with a phone interview (Spoiler: that never happened).

I find it incredibly disrespectful that I took time out of my workday to do an interview and they couldn't make time to actually see the process through. That being said, it's probably a blessing in disguise because it gave me a glimpse as to how disorganized and how they would likely treat me as an employee.