Chester Zoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chester Zoo (Chester, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard, group activities, questions about what animal you would be and general values questions. You need to communicate with the other interviewees well and answer the basic questions, they hire large volume so you should be ok assuming you don't want lots of holidays over summer.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chester Zoo.

Interview

Group interview, stand out from the crowd but also work as a team. Don't shy out of sight and stand up for your ideas they only question them to make sure you justify.

Interview Questions

• there were no questions, just focused on your personality   Answer Question

One Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chester Zoo (Chester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very simple, after online application you may get selected for a single interview. Interview questions were very straightforward, there was no trick questions. Interviewer is the same for every person and she was very helpful in trying to get the answer she wanted out of you by breaking down questions further.

Health & Safety Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chester Zoo in July 2018.

Interview

Met with Hiring Manager & HR Manager. Questions were relatively easy but probably missed some of the more typical questions expected in an interview. Feedback was supposed to be provided but was never given.

Guest Experience Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chester Zoo (Chester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Large group interview. Firstly fill in a form about yourself, why you want to work there, what kind of animal you want to be and why etc. Break into small groups and create an animal out of straws. perform a short customer service drama.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there.   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chester Zoo (Chester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview, followed by an induction day.
    Group interview consisted of about 20 people, then split into 4 groups of 5, and you were given a task you had to complete together. Once you had completed the task, you were asked probing questions by the interviewers to add to your poster/A3 sheet. You then had to present it as a group to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to consider when you work in and around food?   Answer Question

Guest Experience Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chester Zoo (Chester, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Taken into a room with other people, and was given a sheet of blank paper along with a sheet containing information on different guests that were visiting the zoo. Had 10-15 minutes to prepare how you would deal with certain situations relating to different Guests' requirements. This was not a group exercise. Each person was then called into an interview room with a single interviewer, and was allowed to take in notes from preparation. Explained how they would handle the situations. Also a few other questions were asked, such as "why do you want to work here?", and "when are you available to work?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer