Child Care Resource Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Child Care Resource Center

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Child Care Resource Center (Chatsworth, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two panel interview structure. Consisted of Supervisor and team member that you will be working closely with. Very nice people who want to make sure you are screened properly and would be a great asset to the company and community.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Child Care Resource Center (Chatsworth, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up a telephone interview about 2 weeks after applying. The telephone interview was all about general questions by someone from Human Resources, so all they cared about was making sure I SOUNDED like I had the skills necessary for the job. When I went into detail about data manipulation stuff, the interviewer was basically saying "I wouldn't know, wait until you meet your actual interviewer."

After passing the telephone interview, I received an email to set up an in person interview with the manager for whom I'd be working for. They were very accommodating to having an interview on a day and time I was available. The in person interview would have been about 1 week after the telephone interview, but because of personal availability issues, I had the in person interview about 3 weeks after the telephone interview.

The in-person interview consisted of a two people panel (there was going to be a three person panel, but one of the persons couldn't make it for my interview). They asked basic questions and basically what they looked for was me having the proper skills for the job, having decent communication skills, and a fair interest in politics/child care (it is the Child Care Resource Center after all!! ;)

I got a call about a month after the in person interview for a job offer. They describe to you the pay, benefits, and what is expected of you.

If you accept, it takes about another month for you to actually start working since they have to conduct a background check (employment/education history and drug test) and they have to set up your work accounts and working space.

Overall, it took about 3 months from the day I applied until the day I started working. As a company, they are really slow in processing stuff since they are pretty bureaucratic. The benefits are decent, the pay is okay/low, and flexibility is low too (you can't work from home as of 2016 unless you are a manager/supervisor). The work environment though is very chill and everyone is friendly to you.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is something you taught yourself?   1 Answer
    • What is your elevator pitch?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your level of expertise in *insert a particular skill you claim to have here*? Beginner, intermediate, or advance?   1 Answer
    • If you encountered a problem while working on a project, what three steps would you take to solve the problem?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Child Care Resource Center (Chatsworth, CA).

Interview

The process and waiting to hear from someone took quite a long time. It was a bit confusing. The phone interview questions didn't make sense to me - not really related to the position I was applying for. The actual interview was good. The hiring manager took time to answer questions and was very informative. The background check took a long time as well. They were interested in hiring me, but I didn't proceed with the additional background checks HR wanted me to do. The salary offered was low and they wouldn't consider letting me work from home a few days a week to save on transportation costs. With the low salary for the position, the least they could have done was offered some other types of benefits like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a new skill you taught yourself. It could be related to research or anything else.   1 Answer

Payment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Child Care Resource Center (Chatsworth, CA).

Interview

the interview was a panel interview but they made you feel comfortable. it was not too intense. first they did a phone interview and then one in person. the interview went very smoothly. the staff was extremely kind and friendly.

Childcare Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Child Care Resource Center (Champaign, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Done solely through paperwork being submitted on the client and providers part. Once accepted, I was approved for 6 months duration. It was based on client eligibility and provider background acceptance.

Interview Questions

Child Care Resource Center Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Training & Development Leader

While we are happy to read that you have had a positive experience with your agency, we are not based in Illinois, and we do not employ child care providers. We believe this review is for another... More