Children's Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Construction Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Carson, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, technical we don't discuss personal skills.
    The interviewer was the logistic manager and he presented me the job duties and described the company role and organization.
    he did several technical question to evaluate my skills and I didn't have to improvise the answers.
    There were not classical interview questions we just discuss the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us if your background offers you better opportunities   1 Answer

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Screening interview, which took place on phone, followed by in person interview. Interviewer asked questions about my experience, skills, and work history. Interviewer informed applicant of drug test and background check.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

two interviews, the second one is with the interviewer and a parent. it was 10 mins long.
    after the interview they give you an paid orientation and that last about three days.

Interview Questions

• What is more important for the child?   1 Answer

Home Visitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Getting hired was pretty easy- getting through the past employer check was another story due to then not being able to confirm that I actually worked where I stated I had worked in the past. The problem was that the company I had previously worked for apparently had me with a different title from the title I had out down on my resume (I found out later that the position name had changed AND my former supervisor was no longer working for that agency so there was no one to confirm my former title). Everything was worked out and I was sent to get live scanned and to get a physical so the whole process took about 1.5 months.
    As far as the actual interview- I was asked basic child development questions and asked if I had experience completing DRDPs, ASQS/ASQSEs, ECERS, lesson plans, observations, referrals, etc.
    Very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario about how I would handle certain parent concerns.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible- at least not that I knew of.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Institute (East Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a call regarding my application for a position here and got a "speedy" telephone interview. The HR recruiter boasted about how much hiring he does and that entry into HR would need to be at least 5-8 years of experience just to get hired. Kind of hard if you don't give people a chance. My education and years of experience was completely disregarded and he seemed uninterested in training or orienting anyone to the newly hired position. Very unprofessional and a total waste of my time. I was told I was being considered for another position which I didn't even apply for and would get a call back and no one ever called me back. The hiring process is VERY disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• So what do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Great place and manager. Loved what they do and their future, help the community and location was perfect. Benefit package offered is extremely generous and manager seemed very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Experience, job position, benefits, work hours and holiday observed   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Compton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy, but deceiving. I was sold on work/life balance and self-care practices but turns out staff is so burned out they don't participate and the environment is fueled with negative energy.

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor for Wraparound. The interviewer asked me basic questions about myself and my experience in school, internship, and any work related to the position. She also explained the position/s that the company was looking to fill and what the positions entail, as well as what the agency is like. I was then called for a 2nd interview to meet with the clinical director of Children's Institute.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Family Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Children's Institute in November 2010.

Interview

The interview consist of three people and each had a pre arrange interview questions.

Transitional Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Institute (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screening by program supervisor, followed by a panel interview by program supervisors and director. Process took two weeks in total. Panel consisted of 3 supervisors and program director. Interview questions were skills based and not generic. Supervisors wanted to know what your motivations for joining the organization were. Panel asked specific questions on how past experiences related to the work you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to the everyday tasks of this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel your role will be when working in this position? Please give us an example of what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis.   Answer Question