Chuck & Don's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chuck & Don's

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chuck & Don's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's (Castle Rock, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Extensive interview including phone screen and in person interview that was pretty long. Everyone was friendly and professional. There were lots of questions and the applicant was given plenty of time to talk freely.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was extensive yet comfortable. They asked a lot of questions regarding my pets and my knowledge on pets. They are also supporters of rescues is they asked if I had any rescues pets. Felt like this could be a no go if I hadn't but I had so it was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's (Rochester, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked a lot of question about strengths and weaknesses. If I were to apply again I would do research and self reflect on how your are on a team. There were questions about what your leader would say would be your greatest weakness. Also, in a team have you ever not liked someone and how did you handle it. All in all do your homework and prepare for it if you want it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

It was suggested to present a slide show or something of that caliber, to highlight retail and customer service experience. Talked to District manager in person and CFO over the phone then waited a significant amount of time for decision

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online when the store was just opening. The store manager did a phone interview a few days later. After that, I had to go in and take a computer pre screen that asks you a lot of outrageous questions and its pass/fail but it's all just common sense. Then they called me in for an interview about two days later after that.

I interviewed with the store and assistant manager which was nice because the atmosphere was laid back. When you go into interview make sure you're prepared for a long one. They go through about ten pages worth of questions and a lot of them repeat and are worded weird so don't be afraid to actually think about your answer first. Mostly situational and your knowledge on the company.

I got an offer from them about two days after that for a team member position instead of a supervisor because they didn't want to train anyone for the supervisor position. From that I probably should have known that the upper management team would be difficult to deal with. Overall, the process to about a little over a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it's pretty good pay for retail but you'll find people with less experience will be making more than you when hired on.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chuck & Don's (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview after submitting an online application via the Chuck & Dons website. The phone interview was relaxed and pleasant. He informed me that I will need to take an assessment text in store to move onto the next step (which is a formal interview).

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was very standard. Many of the questions asked were repeats of the questions on the online application form- how many hours can you work, do you have reliable transportation to this job, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the next step after the phone interview and I will take the assessment text tonight.