City University of Hong Kong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City University of Hong Kong Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.4

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

I got the interview from a referrer of a friend, that was the start of a summer semester and GSO (named MEAO then) was looking for student to work as part-time office assistants to help with the admission process and daily clerical work. The interview took place in GSO's office and the director of admission chatted with me for half an hour. In all it was a relatively relaxing process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong.

Interview

I did not receive and interview for this position. My previous employer told me that he met a PI at HKCU and I can pop by and introduce myself when I am on holiday in Hong Kong. I went into the PI and we had a conversation about research (no interview questions). After an email exchange I was offered a position.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

Three people from various functional heads interviewed me, Program leader of Information Management and the Director of Undergrad studies Bachelor of Business Administration program. Another was the program leader of e-Business programme.

Interview Questions

• How would you answer the question to students choosing the BBA for Information Systems?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was just with a supervisor and without HR. Long conversation on the research aspects and short one on money. Simply, if they really need you, negotiate as hard as possible. It's good to know the top range for certain position as the local culture is to give at first the lowest possible salary.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work at CityU?   1 Answer

Program Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

The application process takes around 2 months. They screened some candidates and arranged a written test which is a press release in English and compliant letter response in Chinese. After 2 weeks, there is the first and only face-to-face interview. After 2 weeks, they will give you a call and ask you to do a medical check-up.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you mind if you have to handle some stupid tasks?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer multi-tasking or single-tasking?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Wasn't anything expected. Very relaxed, no hard questions. Did took an hour and a half. Felt more like a discussion. Overall was good experience. A few personal questions which were unexpected. Was quite informal.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer at any Unviersity

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2014.

Interview

First, I was contacted by an administrative assistant in human resource center and asked about my available time. Then she arranged an interview for me with my employer. In the interview, my employer spent around 20 minutes interviewing me and he invited another professor to interview me together with some challenging questions. At last, they went out and discuss about the interview for several minutes and went back. The interview ends with some further questions about my visa status.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple. Just an interview with a professor and an EO. Mainstream questions. They just wanted to know your experience and whether you are the right one.The process was smooth. I got an offer tow or three days after the interview, and received a formal letter 1 or 2 weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your duties in your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much i can negotiate, esp the benefits. HRO has strict policies on RA's benefits.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially approached about job after employer found my CV on LinkedIn. This is quite typical for Hong Kong. I sent in materials then had a 45 Skype pre-interview with the Dean. This was then followed by a very professional two day process in Hong Kong, job talk, interview, tour of campus and tour of potential housing. Met many faculty but no students. Very well hosted, run like typical US academic interview where you give a 30 minute lecture with a 10 minute Q and A to faculty and then have a panel interview with about 5 professors and someone from HRO. Experience was good. Employer met all travel and accommodation costs to fly me to HK.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City University of Hong Kong in July 2010.

Interview

We introduce ourselves to some of the staff in my department. Some other interviewees are professors from the university. Then, with several other interviewers, we joined and formed a team. Some questions are provided and we brainstormed first and then the group discussed our results and we presented the results.