Cityside Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cityside Distribution

1.7

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI).

Interview

I applied online and get call very next day to schedule for interview and set interview date next day..............
    HR manager literally have no idea that he is interviewing me for what job, he just repeats 4 or 5 typical sentence and ask me 2 question like he is hiring a entry level sales rap. Then I have to tell him for what job I applied and been called for interview.

Interview Questions

Cityside Distribution Response

Mar 14, 2015 – owner

Thank you for interviewing with our hiring managers at CitySide Distribution. We appreciate your time and feedback provided regarding the Market Analysis interview. We apologize for your experience... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Went into Providence and paid $10 for parking for a 15 minute 1st interview. They made the company seem like it was marketing for companies and you make decent money. Went back for a 2nd interview and paid $11 to park. In the office for 20 minutes with other people being interviewed then was sent out to meet up with an employee so they could show you what they do. It was walking around random plaza's and stores trying to get people to buy makeup bags of crappy makeup. Not really a marketing job. Don't waste your time.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution.

Interview

When I arrived at the Providence office, everyone was very welcoming and the building was very nice. During my actual interview, the manager didn't really ask me standard interview questions - he more so asked about my current job and why I want to pursue event planning. After chatting for 15 minutes, I was offered a second interview. During my initial interview, he mentioned events but spoke more about marketing which concerned me. Later on in the day, I emailed asking for more information regarding the position, and was told I would begin in a position handling B2B marketing and would have the option to move to events once I hit managerial status. The ad said Event Coordinator - I wouldn't have applied had I known I would begin in marketing. The ad wasn't entirely truthful.

Interview Questions

The ad I applied for wasn't entirely truthful with what the job actually was.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution.

Interview

It was two days long. the first day was just a meeting with the firm leader. the second day was a job-shadow. It was not very straight forward the first day. the second day was a completely different than what was described.

Interview Questions

Cityside Distribution Response

Aug 4, 2015 – owner

Thank you for taking out the the time to follow up with our team regarding your interview experience. We’re glad that you found the process to be straightforward, however we apologize for any... More

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy questions not that difficult at all. Had harder interviews as a teenager applying for a job, A five year old could pass this interview. The interview took approximately 15-20 minutes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution.

Interview

I applied, got an email the day later along with a phone call and had an interview scheduled quickly. After the 1st interview I declined as it was not what I was expecting. This job is for Marketing... as in you're selling products to customers. One of the examples I was given was selling cosmetics. These are the people you see in malls or Walmart's trying to sell you products. The ad I applied for said Customer service rep....

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution in March 2015.

Interview

Very deceitful job title aimed at bringing in naive, early in career individuals. They called me back within 30 minutes of applying and seemed frazzled when I asked specifically what the job consisted of. It seemed they did not know how to speak off of the script they are force fed, Be very wary of catchy titles.

Interview Questions

Cityside Distribution Response

Apr 10, 2015 – owner

Cityside Distribution is an direct marketing company that operates on-site marketing solutions for our Fortune 500 clients. Our team members are the most important factor in our business, and we... More

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Very good interview. Thoroughly impressed by the company and the managing staff. My interview process went very well. I was able to see how the company functions and speak with multiple members of the organization during the interview process. The employees are well spoken and intelligent. They have a strong interview process, are very organized and a good company overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for working with our company?   1 Answer

Brand Associate? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was the most misleading experience I have ever had. The first day was meeting with the office leader and hearing about the company and all of its advancement opportunities. Which sounded very fabricated. Everything about it was so vague. The second day was a "job shadow" which consisted of me driving 45 minutes out of my way and wasting my own gas and mileage to follow around an employee while she went into random businesses trying to spread the word about their product. I was so aggravated with the experience that I didn't even go back to the office to finish the interview. If any recent college grad is trying to gain professional experience in the work force, I personally do not think this is the business for it.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cityside Distribution (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

The whole process is a script, email from assistant contained typo's and was a standard template. Met with owner who said the company made $60 million last year. After I asked what the companies clients consisted of I was told local businesses which doesn't add up. He told me they have over 40+ locations but the only location online is in Providence. The position I applied for was a development and they offered me a 2nd interview in what is a door to door salesmen which is not how a marketing company functions. He then said they have a new cosmetic line... why would a marketing company have a line? Because they buy cheap cosmetics from China. After quick online research it appears other candidates were told of this cosmetics line a while ago. I was told the company was around for several years, but the company is less than a year old under this name. Phone line was listed under another marketing companies name. List goes on and on, after reading other reports on here it seems my experience is consistent. Funny how the company responds to these with similar responses and doesn't change their cheap scam strategy. Company needs to be shut down, they were interviewing several other candidates the same day as myself seems like they do this gig several days a week.

Interview Questions

• When can you come in for the 2nd interview?   2 Answers