Clinton Global Initiative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clinton Global Initiative Interview Questions

Interviews at Clinton Global Initiative

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative.

Interview

Long interview. Had to wait a long time for decision to be posted. The phone interview was conducted by two people who seemed to have a lot of interviews to get through that day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

This was a two part process for me, however, it varies depending on how many other departments you are interviewing for. Essentially you interview with a specific department, and then you interview with HR.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative in March 2015.

Interview

3 30-minute phone interviews
    First interview was with intern program coordinator who has since retired
    Second and third were with two different teams within CGI to find where I would be a better fit

All basic behavioral questions. Know the programs of the teams you are interviewing for, but they will also give you an overview of their team and do not expect you to have a ton of knowledge about their team.

There was time between interviews, they weren't very quick to get back. Just be patient!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted via email over a period of two weeks by a few department asking me to complete a phone interview. The phone interviews were pretty laid back but preparing ahead of time is a good idea. Every person I spoke with was very friendly and engaged in the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative.

Interview

You submit the application through the Clinton Foundation's Careers page, and then you receive emails to interview with different departments or initiatives throughout the Foundation. I interviewed with three different departments, but the number can depend on the application. I had basic questions, nothing too difficult. They asked questions about experiences I listed on my resume, why I was interested in interning for the Foundation, and if I had any previous database experience. After those rounds of interviews, I interviewed with the head of the internship department who asked me about my preference. The decisions come quickly, and if you have other offers, the internship coordinator will work with you to get your placement.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any database experience? Tell me more about your experience at x, y, z? Why are you interested in interning for the Clinton Foundation/Clinton Global Initiative?   Answer Question

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I was already an intern and heard about a new/temporary position that was being created. I asked if I could apply/interview for the position and I just sat with the department head(s) for a bit and talked about my work experience and skill set. They asked me if I was comfortable working in the database system they used (many employees still struggle with it) and that was basically it.

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview went well and I was well qualified so was invited for an in-person interview. One thing they did focus on was to make sure I was willing to put in the time/extra hours during the busy season around September. The in-person interview was a group interview with three women who seemed more judgmental instead of looking for the best candidate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

A LOT of interviews. Some were interested, some weren't. Overall good experience and questions were not too tough. Very important to talk about your ability to work across departments and initiatives.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to keep yourself busy during the down time?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a 30 minute preliminary phone interview with an HR recruiter it went well, ask me the usual questions. A day after I had another phone interview with the manager of the project. I had to do a two hour time assignment before. It was tough. The interviewer was friendly and asked me about the exercise and how I felt about it and then questions about how I could benefit the team.

Interview Questions

• How is this position going to help you in your future career?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clinton Global Initiative (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process began with a brief phone interview conducted by a program manager. Round two consisted of a series of tasks + an interview. I was emailed several projects to complete within two hours including statistical analysis on an excel worksheet + a 1-page report summary, synthesis of 3 page-long reports into 4 sentence briefings for website use, and creation of a flyer for an upcoming international conference. These had to be emailed back within 2 hours, followed by a Skype interview with the director, associate director and program manager the following day. After making it to the final 3 candidates, I received an automated, generic email the following week; it did not even cite the job title, simply said they had decided to hire someone whose qualifications better matched the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were responsible for contacting international donors to raise significant funds for an initiative.   Answer Question