Closet World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Closet World Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Closet World (Hayward, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You drive to Hayward to be lied to about the opportunity. Tgen they phone you with the "good news`, you go ti a worthless ^paid^ training program for a week then you have to go back once a week to yrain all day without compensation. The whole thing is a crock.DON'T DO IT IF YOU HAVE AN IUNCE OF SELF REZPECT. ITS ONE STEP ABOVE SLAVE LABOR. THEY DON'T PAY GOOD TO BEGIN WITJ AND THEN YOU PAY ALL YOUR EORK RELATED EXPEBSES EITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT. RUDICULOUS AND INSULTING. I MEAN, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is "multi million dollar company" is a den of thieves.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job? Ckearly tge answer would ve stupidity   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Closet World (City of Industry, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview, about 20 minutes. The interviewer made it very attractive by showing actual sales statistics showing that people actually make sales and get paid. He said that if you follow the training then you should have no problem selling about 60% of the time

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can follow the system we teach you?   1 Answer

Sales/Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Closet World (Whittier, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Filled out application before interview, and then proceeded with one-on-one interview. It was simple and straightforward. The interviewer talked about the company and what it had to offer, and was very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• What skills would make you a great fit for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Closet World (Whittier, CA).

Interview

Group presentation to approximately 20 or more applicants in a classroom setting. They explained how great the company was and the expectation of the sales process. Basically the various managers gave us all a sales pitch. Then interviewed us one on one after that. The room was dominated with mostly women and very few men. As a man, I thought that was a bit odd considering this was a home improvement job. I did take about 6 months before they called me from the time I submitted my resume.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions just conversation. The manager talked more about the company. I asked a few questions.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Closet World.

Interview

Responded by emailing them and got a call 2 days later that sounded like it was someone calling from their house. It sounded very casual and I was encouraged to go meet face to face for an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• How much does this closet look like it costs?   1 Answer

SALES DESIGNER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Closet World (Whittier, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied directly via email and was called the next day and scheduled the interview. I met with Sr. Sales Manager and was warmly welcomed by several different people in the office. I found the interview to be more of a "sales" presentation. Very descriptive with the commission, the "method" of sale and how sales people are not allowed to deviate from the method. All discounting has to be approved by the manager. He then threw in that the next training was starting in 3 days. Complete news to me, as I am currently working and would have to give notice, not mention that I drove almost 3 hours for the interview. It seemed to me that they churn and burn their sales people like a revolving door. I was only asked one question throughout the hour interview.

Interview Questions

• How much do you think this closet system costs? The answer is 20k.....   1 Answer

Only 1 appt. a day, Bad reviews of the company. Canned sales presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Closet World (Whittier, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I believe they hire anyone who applies. Commission only, no medical benefits, no expenses paid, have the opportunity to work seven days per week! Must have car and home office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a flexible schedule.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Commission only position, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Closet World (Hayward, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

be yourself and honest. the interview process is straight forward and direct. they were clear about what they expect from you and truthful about what the pay out will look like

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Closet World (Whittier, CA).

Interview

I had the company install my closets; saw their ad in the Pennysaver and called. They set up an interview with a sales manager. At the interview, the usual questions were asked; I felt that what they really wanted was to get a feel for the type of person I was, my work ethic, adaptability, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; commission only sales. If the applicant feels that system will work, great. They did explain opportunities for advancement and benefits.

SALES DESIGNER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Closet World (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call, mine, leaving a message I was interested in the position. On the return phone call, I spoke with the interviewer and talked about some elements, while we set up the interview.

I did some research on the company, and there seems to be a high turn over on the job, but there are people who make loads of money, but that is the exception not the rule.

As the interviewer described it, if you're willing to do what's in the training and follow there pitch, it works, and you make the sales. etc.

I am interested in helping people, create beautiful spaces not get people to spend money, on a particular kit... etc. but over all, I think the sales are what they are.

I think that on the onset, this looked like a great opportunity and I believe life is what you make it, but I don't think the job was a good fit for me.