CoBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoBank (Denver, CO).

Interview

This employer was well organized. The 30-minute HR phone interview led to an in-person interview at their offices. I met with 4 people one-after-the-other. Everyone was on-time.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions in particular. They were relevant.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CoBank in April 2017.

Interview

Very standard questions, very frustrating in terms of time. First a phone interview with the HR person, about 2 weeks later they called me for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. It was a standard 1 hour interview. Third step? Well, they called me back 4 months later telling me that they choose another candidate.
    I honestly think that companies should be more considerate with candidates, we are people in search or a job and need a response to move in our search. As candidates we are no going to wait that long for a job, even if we really like the company....That kind of delay also gives us the perception that employers are not respecting about your time, values and skills. I really hope the employers give the importance that we deserve.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to convince your manager if he thinks you are wrong about a decision?   Answer Question

Mid-Level Contributor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoBank (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was easy and pretty standard; however, I am very disappointed and frustrated with the recruiter and the hiring manager. I applied for the position online and then received an email from a recruiter a few days later asking for a phone screening. This was a typical screening. We discussed my resume, previous experience, my current salary and salary requirements for taking a new position, keep this in mind because it is important later.

A few days after the phone screening, I was invited to participate in an in person interview. They wanted about four or five hours for interviews with several different managers. They also asked that I complete a personality assessment and online references. My references were sent a questionnaire electronically that they needed to complete. It was kind of involved (35 1-5 scale questions and several free form fields), but I didn’t submit references until after the interviews. I had previously been required to submit references before even meeting with the hiring manager on the phone and this back-fired.

The interviews, in general, went very well. I didn’t feel like I quite clicked with the hiring manager. At one point, he asked me about how I think I could adapt to a completely different role. I sort of corrected him and said that the differences between my previous roles and the role I was interviewing for were actually very similar and I explained why. He kind of shut down after that and I am not sure if it was because he disagreed or if I embarrassed him by calling out his clear lack of industry knowledge.

I said, “I think that is a common misconception. I find that the two roles are actually very similar (I have actually held both). The only difference is…” Everything I said was 100% true and the final manager I interviewed with, unsolicited, actually confirmed this by stating the two roles were very similar and “essentially the same thing.”

The interviews were very focused on my previous experience and how I interact with business partners and communicated in general. They also asked me why I was looking to leave my current role. Each manager ended the interview by describing their role, what they did, where they came from and then the company as a whole. After the interviews, I followed up with the recruiter the following week and said I really enjoyed meeting the team and had submitted the references and the background check forms as they had required.

About a week later, I received a call from the recruiter telling me that I was not selected. Essentially, they couldn’t meet my pay requirements. This really ticks me off because during the phone screening I was specifically asked about my current salary and salary requirements for moving to a new role and stated them directly. I sensed hesitation with the recruiter on the phone and then asked, point blank, “Are my salary requirements a concern for you?” She hesitated again and said something like, “It’s very high, but I think we can work something out. I wouldn’t continue talking to you if I didn’t think it was doable.”

I did some additional research on the company after being turned down and the most common complaint about them is pay. They tend to be low compared to industry. I looked up the specific position I had interviewed for, and the maximum salary range is about 25% less than what I currently make. I also found the job posting and it’s pretty clear that I was overqualified for the position. They were looking for someone with less than half the years of experience I have.

I get really frustrated and, frankly, ticked off, when I ask direct and specific questions and I am lied to. There was no way at all that they would have been able to meet my salary requirements. In my current role, I make almost as much as the hiring manager and they were looking for a mid-level sort of contributor not a senior-level contributor with diverse background with 10+ years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoBank (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to four different managers plus HR manager, total of five interviews. Most managers were nice and dialogue was smooth. One manager wasn't really good at conversation back and forth, pretty much dominated and asked all questions straight forward...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now on?   1 Answer

Entry Level Leasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CoBank (Saint Louis Park, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and pretty standard questions such as tell me about yourself, a time you worked in a group environment, etc. My main beef is that I never heard from them after that. You would think after taking the time to come in for an interview that they could at least let you know the result.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. I was asked about my experience and why I thought I would fit the position. After about a week I got an email detailing my start date and salary. Started a week after receiving the email.

Loan Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoBank (Greenwood Village, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Extremely intensive for the type of job, the in person interview was a total of about five hours. That was all after a phone screening test, a phone interview, a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style do you prefer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoBank in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was in depth but well worth it. The hiring managers are wonderful and the company feel is a true team environment. The office felt comfortable and clean with friendly faces greeting as they walked by.

Credit Development Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through my university's career site. The process was tedious and the application was WAY too long. I really should not have even wasted my time. I attempted several times to get ahold of someone at CoBank to no avail. I feel as if they ignore everyone that tries to contact them.

Electirc Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CoBank (Greenwood Village, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Meet with HR and Your potential team Lead. Very Informative interview with professional personable. people. They are interested in your accounting background and professional communication skills.
    A strong foundation in business and account is number 1.