Coastline Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coastline Events Interview Questions

1.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The location was and office were quite random. The receptionist was very chatty but not in a professional way. Once in the interview room, the interviewer explained what the company was about. She mentioned that the Website was vague on purpose, but the company worked with products that are usually advertised on "as seen on TV". The firm them takes these products to grocery stores to sell them. The interview process is three days long, I got a call back but decided against coming back for the second day.

Interview Questions

Not what I was looking for.

Aug 14, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking out the time to interview with Coastline Events. We apologize that our career opportunities did not align with your professional goals. We strive to offer multiple levels of... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coastline Events in December 2014.

Interview

It was a very quick and surface level interview. They did not give much information on the company. It seems as though they are hiding what they really do. The pay is also very low level. I also did not appreciate the fact that they had 3 other people waiting to interview at the same time as me.

Interview Questions

Coastline Events Response

Jan 6, 2015 – President

Coastline Events is an event based company that focuses on creating client campaigns. We seek to provide a variety of pay scales for all employees that is negotiated during the hiring process. We... More

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, was contacted the following day to setup an interview. They pushed hard to have the interview within 4 hours of the call. Once I went to the interview, I waited in the lobby until I spoke with my interviewer. About half an hour of learning about what the position truly entails, and the company's history and purpose.

They say they'll call you and tell you whether or not you're advancing in the interview process by the end of the day. They mean it. I was contacted a couple hours later, pushing for a second interview the day after. The second interview is supposed to be with a senior associate and the third would be shadowing a senior associate out in the field.

In list format, it would have looked like this:
    Mon: Apply
    Tues: Setup interview/Possibly interview 1
    Wed: Interview 1
    Thurs: Interview 2
    Sat: Interview 3

Interview Questions

• Did you look at the website and what did you think of it?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to this company online. They had job postings everywhere, including Indeed and LinkedIn. I realized the hard way that this company interviews hoards of people at once. It's basically a cattle drive. They also lie in their descriptions of positions available on online job posts. You won't be an "Event Coordinator." It's a sales position. Your "event" will be standing in the middle of a Ralphs behind a fold out table selling flat irons and hair dryers. Don't fall for this company, even the pay structure is sort of scammy.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for a 2nd round interview tomorrow and to see how we conduct one of our events?   Answer Question

Event Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

The interview process started firstly with a vague phone interview followed by an in-person interview with more information about the company. Their "events" are not quite what I expected but rather a sales position.

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

There are three rounds of the interview process. The first round is all about getting to you. The second round is in the field and the third round is a follow up and answer any questions. The interviews are meant to show exactly what you will be doing. Overall great place to work!

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

First off, I had no idea what the position was that I was applying for. After being recommended to this company by a friend, I applied through their website by submitting a resume and cover letter. Their website is extremely vague, and does not show their clients, staff, or show any of the past events they have done. Come to find out, they "events" are booths at Costcos, Sams Clubs, and other grocery stores where they harass customers with as-seen-on-tv products and demonstrations. There was barely an interview. I think I was asked one question, then my interviewer went off on a speech that sounded as if she had recited it 1000 times. She was extremely indirect about the job title I was being interviewed for, the duties and responsibilities, and the salary. When I asked her to break the figure into an hourly salary, it is the CA minimum wage OR commission, whichever is higher at the end of the day. She boasted about their program that excels entry level to executive level in 9-12 months, but could not elaborate more than that, and I get the feeling it is not as easy to move up in the company as they would have it seem. Without asking me any more questions about myself, she asked if it sounded too intense for me, or if it was something that I could handle. Then said that it was all they would have time for, she would be in touch with me at the end of the day, and dismissed me. The entire exchange took about 7 minutes.

Interview Questions

Coastline Events Response

Jun 11, 2015 – President

Coastline Events is a direct marketing company that services the promotional needs of both local and nationally recognized fortune 500 clients. We strive to create innovative direct marketing... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First there was a phone interview, then a one on one interview and lastly you get to go out to the location and see the job in action, but it was a pyramid scheme. I was very disappointed when I found out what the position really was.

Interview Questions

• Why is face to face marketing better than other types of marketing.   1 Answer

PR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was a three step interview process. One with the manager/ 2nd on the field with a campaign manager and then the last one was back with the manager.

It wasn't for the position I had applied for

They use the bait and switch method

Interview Questions

• Is this what you were expecting?   1 Answer

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

Application process is very quick. Heard back next day. VERY flexible with interviewing time, which sort of threw me off when they still wanted to interview me after a month. Basically a sales job, which isn't clearly identified in job position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions really. Asked about my personal interests.   Answer Question

Jan 6, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking out the time to interview with Coastline Events. We appreciate the valuable feedback. We strive to provide a positive recruiting experience not only for our team members, but our... More