Coastline Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coastline Events Interview Questions

1.9

Customer Service Represented Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It went smoothly. It started with a phone call interview then into the interview. The interview was normal. I am waiting for the results to come and hopefully i was able to attain the position. I believe their work environment focuses a lot on leadership and team building.

Event Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

The interview process started firstly with a vague phone interview followed by an in-person interview with more information about the company. Their "events" are not quite what I expected but rather a sales position.

Promotions and Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coastline Events (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a response 1-2 days after my application was sent in. It was an automated response and not specific to my application and position. The email asked me to contact their HR department via email or phone number. I emailed them and received yet another automated email setting up a time slot for my face-to-face interview even though my email to the HR team specifically mentioned that I was based in Texas and interested in a phone/Skype interview before booking a ticket to California. Regardless, the interview time slot I received was the next morning, and there was no way I could book a ticket that soon.
    I called the HR department and mentioned my situation. She said that she would note it down and contact me further. A couple days went by and I called again. Apparently, they had marked my file as 'cancelled' with no explanation. I clarified the situation and apologized for the miscommunication but continued to say that they do not do initial phone/Skype interviews and to call her back when I relocated.

Interview Questions

• Can you come in the following morning?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events in November 2015.

Interview

Not what I expected at all. Apparently they sell products in Costco and that is the first step for every position they have. Very quick interview and was asked later in the day to see if I could come to see one of the Costco demonstrations the next day.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to this company online. They had job postings everywhere, including Indeed and LinkedIn. I realized the hard way that this company interviews hoards of people at once. It's basically a cattle drive. They also lie in their descriptions of positions available on online job posts. You won't be an "Event Coordinator." It's a sales position. Your "event" will be standing in the middle of a Ralphs behind a fold out table selling flat irons and hair dryers. Don't fall for this company, even the pay structure is sort of scammy.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for a 2nd round interview tomorrow and to see how we conduct one of our events?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 2 days. They found my resume online and contacted me. Invited me to their office for 1st round of interview and it was not a professional experience. They called me on the day of to remind me about the interview, which I thought it was off as they were trying "too hard". Came to the office and did not get the vibe of a professional working environment. The receptionist was definitely chatty and there were 5 other people waiting to be called inside.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed by the President and she was trying so hard to sell her business & the position to make it seem legit. When I asked her about company's clients she can't think of anything of top of her head and can only name 2, which I had never heard of before (I was looking for some Fortune 500 companies as mentioned on website). I also asked about the day-to-day operation and she was very vague about it (Immediate red flag). Spent 30 minutes and didn't get asked many questions besides me hearing about how great this position would be for me.

The position isn't as fancy as it sounds if you want to get some real entry level job that will eventually propel your career in the future. Expect to be selling things for "clients" at a grocery stores, Costco, etc.

What do you think is the best marketing strategy? Will you be available for a 2nd round of interview? (Which was at Ralph's in another city)   1 Answer

Event Coordinator/PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. Preliminary round is a quick fifteen minute interview in the office. Second round was at an event that was about a little over an hour long. In the second round I interviewed with one other person. The third round was a quick interview in the office that went over pay structure and scheduling. Everyone in each interview was extremely helpful and really nice. The third round of interviews if they give you an offer they give you twenty-four hours to give them an answer. They understand that it is a big life decision.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First there was a phone interview, then a one on one interview and lastly you get to go out to the location and see the job in action, but it was a pyramid scheme. I was very disappointed when I found out what the position really was.

Interview Questions

• Why is face to face marketing better than other types of marketing.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, was contacted the following day to setup an interview. They pushed hard to have the interview within 4 hours of the call. Once I went to the interview, I waited in the lobby until I spoke with my interviewer. About half an hour of learning about what the position truly entails, and the company's history and purpose.

They say they'll call you and tell you whether or not you're advancing in the interview process by the end of the day. They mean it. I was contacted a couple hours later, pushing for a second interview the day after. The second interview is supposed to be with a senior associate and the third would be shadowing a senior associate out in the field.

In list format, it would have looked like this:
    Mon: Apply
    Tues: Setup interview/Possibly interview 1
    Wed: Interview 1
    Thurs: Interview 2
    Sat: Interview 3

Interview Questions

• Did you look at the website and what did you think of it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coastline Events (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The location was and office were quite random. The receptionist was very chatty but not in a professional way. Once in the interview room, the interviewer explained what the company was about. She mentioned that the Website was vague on purpose, but the company worked with products that are usually advertised on "as seen on TV". The firm them takes these products to grocery stores to sell them. The interview process is three days long, I got a call back but decided against coming back for the second day.

Interview Questions

Not what I was looking for.

Coastline Events Response

Aug 14, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking out the time to interview with Coastline Events. We apologize that our career opportunities did not align with your professional goals. We strive to offer multiple levels of... More