Colorado College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Two day interview. Arrived early on Tuesday morning. Gave a student oriented talk on Tuesday, then dinner with faculty. On Wednesday I had a second faculty oriented research talk. I met with the dean and president.

Fitness Center Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked about academic history, availability, work experience, CPR certification, leadership experience, familiarity with gym equipment... One-on-one interview after submitting an application via email with an employee referral. Training took place during one shift (took approximately one hour)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Half hour behavioral interview to get to know if you are a good fit for the team. Make sure to dress appropriately as it is for events management and they care how you look in front of donors, fellows, and audience members. Staff is interested in manners for a similar reason.

Interview Questions

• If you were a part of a car what would you be?   1 Answer

Interview

was told of opening by friend. submitted resume and cover letter and received an e-mail back within the week. then i had a phone interview. pretty basic questions meant to give more real world experience than anything else.

Interview Questions

• pretty typical questions. do you feel comfortable intervening in safety cases?`   1 Answer

Sexual Assault Response Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colorado College.

Interview

The person who would have been my supervisor called me, and emailed me, asking me for an interview. I had a phone interview with about five people in attendance; they each asked me 1 - 2 questions; the interview lasted approximately twenty minutes. About a week or two later, my would-be supervisor called me and invited me out for a campus interview. The campus interview lasted a full day, starting at 8 am and ending at about 5 pm. During the campus visit, I met one-on-one with quite a few different people, and I also did a presentation that lasted approximately 45 minutes.

My would-be supervisor was incredibly friendly, professional, and organized. I would have loved working for her because she demonstrated such high levels of professionalism. During my full-day campus interview, which was grueling, she made sure to schedule several small breaks for me so I could spend some time alone and recover a bit. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and courteous.

My would-be supervisor called me approximately 3 weeks after my campus interview to let me know that they chose the other candidate. She apologized for taking so long to contact me -- she was incredibly friendly and professional throughout the entire process. I really appreciated the fact that she called me with the rejection, rather than just emailing me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with parents who do not want students to attend a college that have high reported rates of rape?   1 Answer

Riley Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Four days of interviews with administrations, faculty, and students. Presentation of research. Met with the associate dean of faculty recruitment. Met with the faculty in my prospective department. Some of the faculty were very helpful in preparing me for meeting with the administration and aided in the negotiation which I thought was incredibly helpful.

Interview Questions

• What community projects will you be interested in initiating?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by two supervisors. Very straightforward questions. Nothing too unexpected. Sent resume and expressed interest to the supervisors. After they narrowed down the applications they contacted a couple of the candidates for in person interviews. After a short waiting period, maybe a week, they let me know that I got the position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College.

Interview

Lots of committee based hiring. People from divisions that have nothing to do with your job will be in the room. Generally there is a phone interview and then a sit down interview in front of the hiring committee where each committee member will ask a few questions. Try to be personable and get the room to laugh with you. Chances are, few of them will be professional interviewers or managers, so you may be able to work this to your advantage. The selection process will probably be long, 2 weeks or more.

Interview Questions

• Women's and minority concerns will be addressed, and that is probably the toughest one. Be prepared, as there is usually someone from women's concerns on the committee. Most people do not have an answer because they don't want to sound as though they have a problem with diverse groups of people. It's tough to talk about in an interview because if you are not a minority or a woman, you feel like you're walking through a minefield.   1 Answer
    • Generally Colorado College committees will ask about how you would change things or what you would do with x or y at the College. This is a near impossible question for anyone outside since they do not know what needs improving at the College, and they don't know the underlying politics of this question.   1 Answer
    • Don't mention your religious affiliation.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I was asked about my interests. Dependent on that I was given the job. More than anything my employers wanted to know whether my personality would have fit into the current workplace culture. Luckily it did and the interview process was pretty quick. I was registered onto payroll by the next week. I was also

Interview Questions

• Describe an event you would host to attract the diverse population of CC to our space.   Answer Question

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Hand in an application, along with your resumer. You were contacted to set up an interview time. When you're invited for the interview, you are interviewed by the head librarian but are also introduced to other workers in the library. They show you around the library and see gauge your interest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a hourly rate was given to you.