Colorado State Parks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado State Parks Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado State Parks

Application

I interviewed at Colorado State Parks in February 2017.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with three current rangers. They asked me some of the standard interview questions, and then gave me some scenario questions to see how I would answer. Overall they were super friendly and great to talk to. I was offered the job on the phone at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your former employers describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you see someone and their dog is off the leash?   Answer Question
    • Given these scenarios, rank the order in which you would prioritize them. A biker on an motorized trail, a raccoon getting into the trash, a dog off leash, a visitor service attendant with no money at the visitors center, and someone who is missing their child.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conifer, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado State Parks (Conifer, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

The application process was fairly straight forward. I sent in my application around March and interviewed in April. I had some trouble contacting the park manager to see if my application was received, but eventually he called me back and we set up an interview. That was pretty standard. He did ask me some questions specific to the position like what to do if a fire is spotted in the park or safety measures for using a chainsaw. I didn't know much about either of these, but I think as long as you give a well thought response they don't mind if your a little inexperienced. Of course, this all depends on the specific park. He said he would let me know by the end of the week, but I got no call, so I called back on Monday and got the job, started mid-May.

Interview Questions

• If you were to encounter a barbed wire fence that had been cut, what tools and supplies would you need to repair it?   Answer Question