Commonwealth Financial Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.6

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Waltham, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a HR person. This person gave an overview of the company and talked to me about the salary requirements. Followed up to set up an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• General project management, scrum/agile, SQL and one of the interviewees gave me a printed sheet with a form and asked me that what questions should you ask in order to QA this form. Some situational questions - as to what would you do if a bug is found. However, I found that they had no idea as to how to form a question and what they were exactly looking for. The software architect who talked to me had heavy accent and gave me vague scenario to answer. He kept on repeating the same thing till I explained to him how the question should be framed. Pathetic!!   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial meeting to hear about the position, no formal interview questions. Then the next meeting is formal Mass Mutual interview questions, typical interview questions like tell me about a scenario that was challenging and how did you over come it? Then you have to come up with a marketing plan and present it to them

Interview Questions

• What is a scenario that was challenging for you? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen interview to begin the process. Financial knowledge questionnaire to begin the first interview and background check. Then, 2 one hour or so interviews with the hiring manager teams.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network.

Interview

Over the course of several days, I interviewed with 3 levels of management - each meeting lasted approximately 45 minutes. Overall the people I met with were pleasant. However I decided after the last interview that Commonwealth would not be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were standard interview questions one would expect such as my past experience, how to I'd handle hypothetical situations, etc.   1 Answer

Compliance Advisor, Branch Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiters for this company are very unprofessional. I was contacted about this position and after a brief phone screen a interview was scheduled. Due to the complete lack of professionalism with the recruiter I determined I would not be a good fit with this company. This recruiter would not be one to attract the best and the brightest and I did not feel that I would work well with a company that has this type of person as an initial point of contact.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical waste of time questions, cookie cutter questions with cookie cutter expected responses. Nothing enlightening about this interaction, it seems that that the recruiter was interested in placing a plus or a minus next to the question.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and got a call from HR for screening. I spoke to the hiring manager on the phone for about 45 minutes and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. I was supposed to meet with 7 people. I did eventually meet with all of them whether in-person or by phone. It wasn't a difficult interview, and I felt all of the questions were within my experience. There was an emphasis on cultural fit which is a vague, unknown criteria hard to fill. I also took a Predictive Index test before the interviews and I have no idea if that had any impact on their decision. It was a bit long - 3 hours in the same seat without an opportunity to get up and stretch since people kept coming in and out.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard project manager questions with a focus on Agile.   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network.

Interview

The recruiter was late to call me. Seemed very friendly and was going well but then questioned why someone like me would apply to their job and then never got back to me. not sure what that was all about. let people know either way if they got the job or not.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through a temp agency. Did my research on the company and got my resumes printed. Showed up on time in my best suit. Was then made to fill out about a dozen forms, including a CREDIT CHECK form, and wait an additional 30 minutes for my interview. Interviewer then had me for only about 10 minutes. I later found out through the temp agency that my attempt to be friendly at the interview came off as "too casual" so they were passing on me. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• "If a client didn't receive an email from an adviser. How would you troubleshoot it?"   Answer Question
    • "If a client couldn't load a website. The error message being: Page Not Found. What would you do?"   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Simple interview process with minimal technical screening. Not very thorough but the phone call screens were more intense. Read up on basic object oriented design principles and development paradigms and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you have been? How did you handle it? etc.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews, one with HR, one with the manager of the department and one with a slightly senior analyst. Communication was dicey throughout the whole process. I really blame this on the HR contact who was among the most ineffective I've dealt with. Went into in person interview which was 3 45 minute sessions with the same manager, HR person and another analyst